Dell computer help

Str8killa

Beta member
Okay, i'm not 100% sure this topic goes here but here it goes.

I have a dell computer, and I play computer games like Half-life 2, Counterstrike source, and whatnot. And I just got these games, and my problem is, I LAG VERY BADLY. I have highspeed internet, I just need some ram/videocard whatever.

My question is, what kind of ram/videocard goes into my computer when my stuff is all integrated and whatnot? :confused:

Thanks, Owen

Holy crap, no wonder it lags. It's a budget PC:

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz processor, 400Mhz FSB (100MHzx4)
Chipset: Intel 845GV chipset

Videocard: Integrated Intel Extreme graphics

Sound: Integrated Soundmax Sound

Memory: 256MB PC-2700 DDR memory (one module)
Networking: Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 40GB ATA/100 7200RPM hard drive
CDROM: Hitachi 48X CD-ROM drive
Monitor: 19" Dell brand M992 monitor (max 1600x1200 @ 75Hz, .24 Dot pitch)
Software Setup WindowsXP Home Edition

Accessories Logitech MX500 optical scroll mouse
Altec Lansing 2 speaker system
Dell PS/2 keyboard
PCI 56K modem
Microphone

You're pretty much stuck with what you have. There are no AGP ports in there for a video card unless you want a PCI video card, but that's a waste. Might as well keep you have in terms of graphics goes. Only thing I can see is just a simple RAM upgrade, that's it. It is possible to buy low-end 3D gaming cards in a PCI format, but I'll have to search for one.

Alright, thanks alot, i'm in the process of building a computer, but I was going to stop that idea thinking I can make this one better.

Thanks again.

Ohh wow, TRD is right. Celrons suck at gaming, there basically like the worst processors for gaming. Yeah since you have no agp, or pci-e, the only thing you can get is a pci car, and I think the best card out for pci is a 6600 or a 6200nvid...For ram, I would try to get atleast 512, if not 1gb. Im not so sure, these upgrads will help, but I think you might be better getting a new computer, if you can dish out the cash..

^^^^^^posted at the same time..^^^^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom