Phone experts..

G35x

Golden Master
Ok, well I have a sony w600i, and it comes with 256mb built in. Well everyone knows how they put ringotnes, and pictures that you dont want, but they dont let you delete them. I have the usb cable, but when I go thru the files, via cable , so im lookin at all the files on pc, they dont even show up. And on the phone, they dont let you delete it, I knwo there is a way to get rid of all the crap. I just want to get all the memory I can thats all. Any one know how to do this?

Your best bet would be to crush up your phone... pre-heat an oven to about 400-Degrees Farenheit... bake for about 30-45 min... while reading a story about a mexican named Manual... heheheh its from dilbert... anyway... yea it should be in your manual... if not i cant help you

Hope you can find a way to STICK IT TO THE MAN

WOW...Its not in the manual, they dont want you to delete the files. For example they put in the cingular ringtone, and I dont want that crap, but they dont let you delete it. You have to like hack it out, or something...Bascially they want you to keep those files on there, like the standard themes, I want them off the phone, to free up memory, but they dont let you delete it..

It wouldn't be in the manual if they didn't want you to delete it :rolleyes:

I would think it's gotta be somewhere, if it were me I'd just keep looking through everything, hopefully someone else here has had first hand experience

THANK YOU MARX someone knows what im talking about, by the way we posted at the same time..

Dev0115 said:
Ok, well I have a sony w600i, and it comes with 256mb built in. Well everyone knows how they put ringotnes, and pictures that you dont want, but they dont let you delete them. I have the usb cable, but when I go thru the files, via cable , so im lookin at all the files on pc, they dont even show up. And on the phone, they dont let you delete it, I knwo there is a way to get rid of all the crap. I just want to get all the memory I can thats all. Any one know how to do this?

debrand it with original se firmware

Nice, but is this dificult to do, dont really want to take a risk, considering its a preety $ phone...I was thinking something along those lines, but is there a easier way, or is that the only way?

only way as far as i know. im guessing its branded to vodaphone or something gay like that so just google around for the equipment you need to unbrand it (well you need a cable and one of a few programs, which you pay to use)
edit: just thought id add that the programs i know of to do it are called da vinchi and se tool. i also know someone that does it for free if you pay for the phone to be sent to him recorded (he did my se k500, should be able to do yours) but he is in the Uk

from a quick search that phone uses symbian os...

you should look on a symbian download site for a program called Fexplorer.

it's here for the series 60 symbian OS... I don't know what version yuor phone runs though.
http://my-symbian.com/s60/download/search.php?name=FExplorer

with this program you can search through all the folders, (including system folders) on your phone and delete the stuff you don't want.

if you cant find it in the folder of your phone when your plugging it in via USB, maybe its just hidden, show your hidden files and folders and they will all be there! its just like an ipod, when you plug it in and look at it through my computer none of the songs are there, not until you show hidden files and folders that is.. muahaha lol

Back
Top Bottom