My current view of the Christian religion

Brookfield

Golden Master
First let me make it quite clear that these views are mine, & mine alone, & I thought for a long time before making this thread, it will become clear why I decided to go ahead, if it causes arguments, I shall close this thread, so, discussion only, I respect other religions, but I'd like it to be between christians only, thankyou.

As a few of you will know, my wife died of cancer some nine years ago, after 40 years of marriage, & day doesn't go by when I don't think of her, sometimes I'm depressed for days.

Now I fully believe that there was a person named Jesus who claimed he was the son of god, apparently quite a few went about saying this, the key factor is that he was crucified, again a fact I believe, he was a good man.The crucifiction put him into prominence, & christendom was born, but that doesn't mean that there is a god, after my wife's death, in my extreme anguish, I refuse to believe in god anymore & I never will.
What I don't want here is councelling, sanctimonious platitudes & the like, just a calm, low-key discussion amongst people with feeling, definitely no facetious remarks, & I don't particularly want members to feel sorry for me, equally I don't wish to offend anybody.
I'm mainly OK now, if I start to feel sorry for myself, I think of the many others who have gone through worse, but I don't thank the lord, I thank my lucky stars.

So, what exactly are you trying to say, that god is punishing you so you are depressed from time to time. Im sorry, but I fail to see the point.

Or, by chance do you mean that you beleived in god, but in the time of your wifes death you fail to see him as you think he is making you miserable.

Just to let you know, Im not really involved in religion. So thats why I dont catch on so fast :)

Religion has passed an his timne's done. God is jst something to patch the Earth's creation. If you ever listened to some historic passage from space, a thing called Big Bang exploded, thus, creating Earth an another jillion other planets.

Next, came the world of dinos (Which is hard to believe) and cave mens. Then, we slowly evolutionated and dinos died. Then, came the big city building and this is whe it started. God is just a thing that he created. In real time, Big Bang was the universe and truely, eveything lived in there...until we go seperated. I'm preety sure that there are humans living in other galaxies.

God, for me, is Big Bang. Religion is a patch, that should not have happened.

My mom has tried to get me to go with her to church a lot of times. I think im just like you Brookfield, I haven't seen any good things God has done yet so it's still hard for me to believe.

I beleive in science.. But then again, I see the god side of things too.. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

I want to believe in god, just in case there is a god, so if christianity is real, i wont go to hell or anything. i mean, there is so much proof that disporves christianity, and its hard to believe in god. I am just really confused about religion and crap.

Thats why we have the freedom of religion, they are your opinions and you are entitled to them.

I personally am a Christian, I do believe that the lord is our savior, I believe in the father, the son and the holy spirit and I attend church every sunday.

Brookfield: I certainly don't think that the lord is trying to punish you in some way by taking your wife or making you depressed from time to time. Thats kind of the feeling I get.
I dunno, religion is a hard thing to talk about since so many people have so many different views so I guess I'll hold my tongue so as not to start a flame war.

ArrizX said:
Do you mean that you beleived in god, but in the time of your wifes death you fail to see him as you think he is making you miserable.
That comes close, but as I said, I still don't believe, it wasn't obvious at that time, I prayed, asking why, then years later, when the full immensity of it hit me, I switched god off for good.

that happend to my friends dada his wife died some 16 years ago and he stoped beleaving in god

people come and go faith is my only answer

lhuser said:
If you ever listened to some historic passage from space, a thing called Big Bang exploded, thus, creating Earth an another jillion other planets.

There is still many questions which have not been answered. Scientist are not 100% sure, infact not even close to 100%, that everything began from the Big Bang. It's just one theory, right now it's the one most people believe in. But just look at the past, 1000 years ago people thought that earth was the center of the universe.

And I do believe in God, but there is a lot of stuff that makes me want to stay away from the church. I'm pretty sure that in 1 year when I turn 18 I will leave from the church, just because the whole thing seems so silly to me.
So that is my view of Christianity.

Back
Top Bottom