AMD & Dell

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
i found this:http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020505,39270048,00.htm

and it looks like dell r goin 2 be using AMD's in there servers now, and they might even put them in desktop computers soon, soo does this mean that everyone will start 2 like dell or will it be the same, sayin dell r crap even tho they r puttin AMDs in.

Whether AMD processors truly are faster or cooler than comparable Intel chips, a lot of buyers would simply like the choice. In servers, cool runnings often count for more than gigahertz, as power consumption and heat become the biggest bottlenecks in data centres. <<<<<< is that true tho??? i no i would use Intel, not AMD 4 servers

ArrizX said:
Screw that dude, it was a factory overclocked EE, what more could you ask for, lol

Yeah but imagine a factory overclocked FX @ 4.26Ghz..

FX @ 4.26Ghz or
EE @ 4.26Ghz

Think I know which I would get..:p

Ok let me give you a story you got a dell, you want a new mobo because you want to go to a AMD CPU. So you call dell and go i'd like a MOBO that supports AMD guess what your otta luck ;)

Dell has a lot of speaclitz parts and its annoying to have to deal with them. Their parts are NOT STANDARD INDUSTRY PARTS! Granted RAM, GPUs, and maybe HDs are.

Nik00117 said:
Dell has a lot of speaclitz parts and its annoying to have to deal with them. Their parts are NOT STANDARD INDUSTRY PARTS! Granted RAM, GPUs, and maybe HDs are.

Thats not all true.

I once had a DELL Dimension 3000, in my younger days.

As I got older, I wanted to change the case, to add mods to it. The guy said it might be hard because it was a DELL motherboard. But he did it, he put a DELL computer into a standard ATX.

The RAM - Standard DDR RAM - i'm using it in a computer downstairs.
GPU's - My friend has a DELL computer with a 6600 - which came with it. Thats standard.

Hard drives - Dont be silly, just standard IDE or SATA.

The only thing that can complicate things are the motherboard, and you can evan get round that.

yeh i had a Dell Dimension 8300, i wanted a change the case and mod it abit, but thought wats the point, so a just started 2 make a new pc, the one that i have now, i think the only reason ppl dont like dells r coz they r ment 2 be a workstation, not really 4 high performance gaming, and wen they buy a dell they think that they will get loads out of it wen ya playin a game, which ya dont really. i think its the way the motherboard is made and that every thing on it is locked

Back
Top Bottom