Here is a tricky one...

error75

Baseband Member
My brother has an emachine running XP home. The problem is that it reboots itself. I know for a fact it does it when I try running spybot or download Windows defender. It also encountered an error the first time I tried running the error check tool, but ran the second time.

The only errors I've seen are these on the reboot....
"wer836f.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp"
"wer836f.dir00\appcompat.txt"

"wer8824.dir00\mini051906-12.dmp"
"wer8824.dir00\sysdata.xml"

As well as some error that popped up, but it was written in german for some reason.

You are the man/woman if you can figure this one out.

joxley1990 said:
Is the copy of Windows legit?

Yeah, XP came with the system and I've got all the updates for it. He's had the system for about 2 or 3 years and it just now started acting like this.

That or bad PSU. Do you have a windows disk?

Well, you should reformat if you do. Because that will narrow it down. And if its not that, might wanna try checking your ram. And finally check your PSU.

I have had two emachines, both had the same problem. Both had the psu blow out a short time later and fry the whole system, buy a new psu asap, unless you don't want a computer anymore.

it also could be overheating since it is summer and all...check the temps and tell us what they are, if u dont have any program for that i recommend everest which u can get from www.majorgeeks.com

that really sounds like a virus. Like someone said before, boot up in safe mode (press f8 while your computer is booting up) and run antivirus and spyware programs from there. If you find nothing doing that, then it narrows it down for us.
Another question, is the machine overclocked by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom