One reason to not like you americans

Haha, don't worry. Our country's Presidency is ruled by idiots too. Same story.

Most hardware and software companies are in North America, and it costs more to export it, resulting in high costs. Yeah, there aren't any importing restictions, at least none to my knowledge.

alvino said:
Haha, don't worry. Our country's Presidency is ruled by idiots too. Same story.

Most hardware and software companies are in North America, and it costs more to export it, resulting in high costs. Yeah, there aren't any importing restictions, at least none to my knowledge.

All politicians are idiots I have concluded.

And us Canadians used to have the same pay alot more for stuff, but recently with the downfall of the American dollar we have been doing well.

DJ-CHRIS said:
All politicians are idiots I have concluded.

And us Canadians used to have the same pay alot more for stuff, but recently with the downfall of the American dollar we have been doing well.
that's the trouble... it doesn't matter who you vote for there is always going to be a government...!

yes, the price difference between here and america does exist, but it works both ways...

I took a loot at http://shop.netgrocer.com and www.asda.co.uk
consider this a 8oz (220g) tin of dole pinaple chunks from the american site costs $1.05 (XE says this is ~55p)
the same weight and brand tin from ASDA costs just 34p (~$.066)...

generally, all hardware goods (though especially electronic goods) are cheaper in America, (including computers, software and cars).
but all personal items are cheaper in the UK, including food, medication, cosmetics, clothes are (generally) cheaper in the UK.

Just hope this doesn't brew racial arguments, keep it cool guys.
smile.gif

Chimaera said:
Yeah, I remember when I went to England... Buying lunch inm london cost me an arm and a leg :(

That's just London - nothing's cheap, and a lot of people are pretty poor by many people's standards.

To be rich in London, you have to be a banker or an IT Consultant, basically. If you want to keep your head above water, that is.

Back
Top Bottom