Microphone help

Latino_Bone

Beta member
im having trouble with my microphone connection. i bought a logitech web cam (QuickCam chat) with earphone/mic to do live web chats but when i connect my mic it doesn't seem to work. the mic is not muted or none of the settings would give it reason not to work but somehow it doesn't work at all. the web cam software help said to check the settings in sound recorder and if the mic is not in the list to reinstall the software. i did that 3 times over with no luck.
would it be a driver i need to install or maybe my sound card thats buggered??can some one help me?? any help is very much appreciated.

my computer details are as such:
- MS windows Xp
- Gigabyte GA-6CXC7-1 (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR, 3 DIMM, AUDIO)
- Intel Pentium IIIE, 667 Mhz (5 x 133)
- 256Md (SDRAM)
- nVidia riva TNT2 M64
- SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
- NETGEAR FA311 Fast Ethernet Adapter
- 20 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/66 - 80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100
- SONY CD-RW CRX175A1 - SONY CDU4811 CDROM

wtf is with that pic, and Latino_Bone ur signature is 2 big, needs 2 be about 5 or 6 lines i think, anyway make sure u plug the mic into the red connector at the bk, on the sound control thing click on advanced on the mic and make sure there is a tick where it says the mic boost thing. if that doesnt work, try a diff mic, and if the diff mic doesnt work i would say its the sound card thats the prob

thanks r_moore04 but ive done all that n it still doesn't work
i guess it might be my sound, which sux coz it works perfectly apart from the mic problem... so now i gotta get a new one just cuz of that...dammit..

well see if another mic works first, it mite just be the mic that doesnt work, and i see ya have onboard sound, i would get a pci sound card, the well sound is well better then on board sound.

Its all good now...i bought myself a new sounde card...Creative Sound Blaster Audigy...the software that comes with it is pretty cool too...
but the mic works so its all good...

cheers for the help

Back
Top Bottom