HELP!!! Please Comp' Crashed

ArrizX said:
He didnt say that he didnt know the pass woz

he implied that he cannot open a password protected file.
however he did not say wether or not he had tried to enter the password.
i asumed that if he has a ounce of brains, he would have used the password if he had it.
woz

Oopps, sorry. I have my mouse wheel scrool down.. (forget exact number) and it went down, and totally skiped that post, and I only saw the please help me oe.

Sorry, anyways, this is xp correct?

justaboi05 said:
there are some files that is need that is why i want to know if there is any way i can get them if not i will have to erase them

If you rolled back the system using sytem restore it will bring back the settings you had at that time for the computer...you said you don't remember the password..

i would try this if nothing else works, take out the hhd from the computer (unplug it 1st) then move the jumper over to slave on the back of the hhd. Now put it into another computer and see if you can retrieve the files, remember that you might have to boot the computer twice...once for the comp. to recognize the slave hhd, and the next should allow you to access it.

thanks.
I am the computer administrator and do have the password.
However, after the recovery my user accounts that were once set up
on my computer have been removed leaving only the document folders/files.
I have no opportunity to enter the password to open the folder specifically, other than loggin on the computer to start windows as admin.
I was also told to run windows under safe mode. I did and logged in as admin and am still unable to access that folder. If there is a way for me to logg on differently or enter my password to open the folder, please asist me on this if possible.
Thank you for all the posts that were trying to help me.

I do have all the passwords. Thank You!!

I also just tried to delete the folder and call it a loss, but I am denied that feature as well. thanks again

yes it is xp home. I have all passwords. just besides loggin in to start windows. is there somewhere else i can enter the password to open the folder???...

woz, I may not be a computer genius but i do have common sense and have entered the password the only place i think i could of. to start up windows.
:) thanks ;)

justaboi05 said:
thanks.
I am the computer administrator and do have the password.
However, after the recovery my user accounts that were once set up
on my computer have been removed leaving only the document folders/files.
I have no opportunity to enter the password to open the folder specifically, other than loggin on the computer to start windows as admin.
I was also told to run windows under safe mode. I did and logged in as admin and am still unable to access that folder. If there is a way for me to logg on differently or enter my password to open the folder, please asist me on this if possible.
Thank you for all the posts that were trying to help me.

I do have all the passwords. Thank You!!

I also just tried to delete the folder and call it a loss, but I am denied that feature as well. thanks again

if you had made any of your early posts this clear, help might have come forward earlier.
are you running windows xp? there is a type of bug in the first version of windows xp that causes a very similiar problem to the one you have.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812937
i myself cannot think of how you might be able to access these files if this is not the problem.
woz

Back
Top Bottom