Dual Core Lag???

make sure u have the steam settings for internet connection speed set right, steam has a habit of changing that setting on its own to the highest one which is usually way to fast for people, also play around with the rates a bit, btw what fps u gettin?

Im getting around 20-30 fps, which isnt right for the hardware im using. Ive tried the hotfix, the dual core drivers, setting the affinity. None of it helps during source.

Reinstall it? That could fix something; sometimes all a program needs is a fresh start.

make sure your rates are set correctly..you can try typing "rate 25000" "fps_max 101".. stuff like that...also yeah, what gaming_freak said happens alot with steam..it's wierd though i use a 3800+ X2 dualcore and i used to need to set my affinity, i don't need to anymore, and that was right after i switched to sata2 instead of sata.

yeah.. i think you set cl_updaterate 100 and cmd_rate 100 fps_max 101 and rate 25000

cl_updaterate max
cl_smooth 1
cl_cmdrate max
rate max
fps_max 9999

And you should be good.

Although, I think it should be something like...
cl_updaterate 30
cl_smooth 1
cl_cmdrate 10.000000
rate 1500
fps_max 9999
cl_<something (it will come to me)> 360

Well i currently have the following set:

cl_updaterate 80
cl_cmdrate 80
rate 20000

Havnt done anything about fps_max though, is there any possiblility it could have set itself to around 30?

Ill try a complete reinstall of steam and HL2/Source and put in those settings, see if it works and get back to you.
Cheers again.

Back
Top Bottom