urgent... building my computer need help

jcon891

Daemon Poster
NEEED help with build this comuter!!!

first build, and im stuck could someone give me a list of what sequence to put my parts in... i know how to put them in, but do i put mobo in first?

second question... i feel stupid but how do i get that metal panel off the back of my case to put in the one that my mobo fits?

when i built my computer...i took off the side panel first and secured the motherboard into the case...then i put in parts ram cpu etc in no real order.. i put in the hard drive and the cd drives last...and in order to take off the metal panel you just rip it off.. it should be very flexible, then just put in the metal panel that came with the mobo.

ty sir

edit.... this panel does not seem .. rippable. i cant just pry the thing out of the motherboard. seems like im gonna break something lol

Oh and should i have the PSU in before i put the mobo in

the metal panel is on the case right?...if not then we're talking about two different things.

yes on the case.. the one with all the slots where the motherboards plugs fit through

jcon89 said:
ty sir

edit.... this panel does not seem .. rippable. i cant just pry the thing out of the motherboard. seems like im gonna break something lol

Oh and should i have the PSU in before i put the mobo in

what do you mean by prying it off the motherboard...there should be no prying of things on the motherboard.. only of the thin metal sheet on the case that covers up the mouse and keyboard ports.. ethernet etc.

LOL srry i was typing too fast... that was meant to say CASE not MOTHERBOARD .. im gonna go try to pry that thin sheet of metal off the CASE again.. and yes we are talking about the same thing

It will come off... If need be, you could grab a Dremel (I'm sure you or a neighbor has one) and hack away at it. Just make sure you don't make the rectangle irregular on the case, or else the backplate won't fit. And even if you do, the backplate isn't that important.

ok i got everything in up to the heatsink.... i seriously cannot mount this thing... it tells me to clip the thing down onto the plastic supporter thing, then spin the little hoot to the right, and its done.... but no.... when i spin the hook, the second clip does not clip.. and i cant push the second side down to clip it... this is really annoying me

heatsinks are naturally a pain in the ass to install. just keep trying...when i installed it i was afraid that i would snap my motherboard in half...thankfully..it didn't

Back
Top Bottom