Universities

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Name off the ones that you know or have heard are good in the "PC" area of things, programming CIS, etc..

Just, yeah looking for alot responses as I can go through and look at them as I hear of one..

MIT - Thats one of the best colleges for computer work..
NYIT
RIT - Rochester Institution of Technology

I know of more (somewhere in my mind), but its late and their not coming to memory right now. More colleges provided computer science now, than ever.

What exactly are you looking to major?
What state / location are you looking to look in?

For help finding colleges, look on collegeview.com

By the way, I know of a programmer that I work with, that goes to IIT (Illinois Institution of Technology) which is in the state that you live in.

In The UK St-Andrews is the second Best which is where I am, UK1337 is there also - Computer Science exam today actually at 2!

uh here we got UTS (university of technology, sydney)
but UNSW is sweet with technology stuff too (university of new south wales) (thats where i go)

but i doubt you want names of universities in sydney lol

hate to state the obvious but...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=university+league+tables+computer+sciences&btnG=Search&meta=

Personally... I wouldn't recomend choosing a university based on it's reputation, each and every year staff come and go, and it's usually the one or two staff that are dragging an institution (and it's course standards up).

If i were you, (and if I had my time againchoosing a university) I'd go with location more than course reputation.

I'm sure anyone who's been to a good university thats famous for it's course would also testify to the fact that a good league table rating can sometimes (unfortunatly) mean, distant tutors who don't relate well to undergraduates, who are too busy trying to create the next latest greatest thing. (in most top universities lecturers and professors are contractually obligued to write achedemic papers at a steady rate).

@Baha, I thought MIT was more of an automotive based computer school, but I'm probably wrong.. Oh and, probably won't want to stay in Illinois but I think I could settle for it haha

I'm going to be in both the programming and networking areas

@root, Of course I wouldn't go somewhere just because of reputation, that's why I'm asking for some first hand experience from you guys, although, location doesn't really matter. California would be nice :p

Back
Top Bottom