Terminal Server Sessions logging off too quickly

Gorilla Pound

Solid State Member
Our users are complaining that when they are connected to our server through remote desktop that their session logs them off after only a couple of minutes of being idle. Any idea which GPO (if any) I have to change so they don't get logged completely off of the session?

This is an easy fix...

Administrative Tools>Terminal Services Configuration>

Right click on the item in the right hand side of the pane, then select properties.

Change as shown below.

terminal.JPG

Hmm.. check the settings in active directory, for the user accounts. there may be a setting in there for it.

OK thanks, I think that I had to enable certain GPOs then make sure they were set to "never".

Another question...Is there anyway to disable users from "X-ing" out of a terminal server session? These users can't get it through their head that they have to LOG OFF not click X to close the remote session. This has been causing some issues with having cached sessions on the server...any ideas?

My suggestion on that, is you have the authority or someone in your IT department has the authority to, send out a memo, and say basicly "hey, if you dont do it like we tell you, and you have to wait a few hours for us to log you out of the server, so that you can get back to work. dont call us about it. you can wait till we get around to it, and if you get wrote up for not working, well then do what your told." thats what I did when I had that issue, it got the point across, and they started listening.

wen the user clicks the cross then they are just disconected..
I suggest that yuo change the end disconnected settings setting from never to about a half hour or so.

I deal with that often... I don't know why Microsoft even made it like that in the first place. It doesn't seem to be of any benefit whatsoever in the real world.

Back
Top Bottom