Need Help!!!!

teh_gamerer

Beta member
When i start up my comp it loads everything then it comes up with the XP loading screen. After that loads, my comp restarts itself. I cant get into safemode or anything, it just does the same thing. I recently removed my master hard drive but my slave holds windows and everything else on that and its worked without the master before. Please someone help me!!! Im in desperate need.

Erm, wow, that sounds pretty bad. Have you tried putting the master drive back in? Failing that, you have to take the not-so-good road and format the drive and reinstall everything.

You might be able to use knoppix as a live cd and check things out from there. Burn it at a friends house or something.

Well to take care of the restart prob. and this realates to if it isn't spyware or a virus causing this:

go to my computer and right click it/ go to properties/ then go to the last tab..it should say something like startup or error reporting/ once there at the bottom of the window it should have a box for error reporting.

click that, and then you should see boxes checked off in there. the one that say's restart comp. when an error happens: uncheck that box, also uncheck the box that say's send a report to micro$oft.

you don't need this checked...nor does anyone else, it's just a waste of time anyway's and micro$oft does'nt do anything with this info anyway's.

One more thing, when putting this hhd back into your comp. make shure that the IDE cables are correct and in the same order you took them out.

~mr mixx~ said:
Well to take care of the restart prob. and this realates to if it isn't spyware or a virus causing this:

go to my computer and right click it/ go to properties/ then go to the last tab..

can be quite hard to accomplish if the computer restarts itself after win xp loading screen...

I'd just put the hdd that u had back in and see if it works.

he should be able to bring up the boot menu using the f8 button, if not just use your xp CD and boot with that to the boot menu.

It sounds like your disk has the "Unmountable Boot Volume" problem. To be sure, fit F8 and select "disable automatic restart." When the computer tries to boot, it will not restart. Thus, giving you a chance to see the STOP error.

If it is, go in the recovery console via floppies or XP cd. Enter your admin login. Then type "chkdsk /r" (w/o quotes)

If that doesnt work, try setting BIOS settings to defaults.

Back
Top Bottom