Building New Computer- Here's What I decided On

savior345

Solid State Member
I assume that everything will work with everything. If there is a problem below or you can suggest something better please feel free to. I'm on a $1200 budget.

Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

Western Digital Caviar SE 320GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ATX AMD Motherboard

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Platinum System Memory

eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N554-AX Video Card

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A

Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Computer Case

Logitech Internet Pro Desktop Black Wired Keyboard

Your mobo has SATA ports... i checked... its as easy as hooking a joystick into an atari... the manual should have the default SATA port that you should use for a single HD...

yeah thanks a lot. I also had a question about the dual video card slots on the mobo. Is it gonna make a huge difference if I dont buy two video cards?

well if u have 2 vid cards one cane do top of teh screen while the other does the bottom...but u can start with one and buy another later...how much money do u have to spend on this thing.........but yeh if u have the money go for two 7600gt's.

actually dual SLI doesnt work from top and bottom. SLI or nvida cards work by one fuctioning background and the other one fuctions characters and your hud etc. it would make a difference in demanding games you play. but if its not demanding it wont make that big of a difference.

Sata is faster... if you have a 10,000 RPM hard drive... otherwise it's no different. (I know this from experience.)

Back
Top Bottom