sound problem

Hi -
I uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers. No change ... still not even the volume icon on the task bar.
Any help is appreciated ...thanks

first of all check and see if everything is hooked up right, and that the volume is up on the drivers and on windows, try headphones i dont know if it will help , but sometimes it work for me.

Go to control panel, sounds and audio devices and mess around with the settings while on a webpage that has sounds playing (myspace user pages with music should work) and see what you can do... trial and error

well if u installed something of an email i suggest you go into safemode and do a clean virus and spyware scan with spybot search&destroy, Adaware se, and Avast its what i use and always does a great job cleaning up all my pcs.

To get the volume to display if nothing has happened, try going to the Control Panel, and go to Sounds And Audio Devices.

Tick to place volume control in the taskbar and click okay.

Because you get sound in Media player, thats pretty weird, so you know at least some of the drivers working.

How long has it been like this? Since you installed it?
Plus, since Midi isn't working, thats a bit strange too.

Anyway, now volume controls up, check for any low volumes, or muted volumes which might be causing an issue.

Plus, theres no sound on the internet you say?

If you run Internet Explorer, try this:

Go to Tools, Internet Options,
and go to the Advanced tag,

on the list find where it says Multimedia, and tick 'Play Sounds in Webpages' and Apply. Restart Internet Explorer and then try again.

TESTING MIDI:

Simply put this into the browser, and MIDI should start from somewhere:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/Flying_Battery_Remix_(Sonic_and_Knuckles).mid

Its the first file I laid my hands on, haha.

I hope this helps.

thanks for the responses:

1. control panel has volume icon on taskbar enabled, but no show on the taskbar
2. play sound on websites is enabled as well.
3. no sound from the link you sent
4. everything else (local files)plays fine

thanks ....

Weird...

Well for the taskbar, you may want to check this:

Go to Start, Settings, Taskbar and Start Menu. Try if its not already, untick Hide inactive icons.

If that doesn't make it show, and since the link doesn't work, it seems somehow, you probably have the wrong drivers installed, or something has interfered if it worked before.

Has it always been like this?

Back
Top Bottom