800-1000$ Computer???

I like that ram own... a little expensive for the mum though... that may be what i get mine... well if my ram will work in hers... will pc6400 step down to work in hers? because i think i am going with that mobo that is on my previous post... but that ram... i may have to get that for my computer... Thanks for the ideas

mr.monger said:
get 2 gigs of ram, video editing is harsh on ram....

She is going to be editing still photographs... shes a photographer... guess i failed to mention that... is that still that harsh with the ram?

1gb is perfectly fine for photoshop. And as you say, if thats all she does, hell, she doesn't even NEED dual core.. getting it just means she can multi-task the hell out of it and not have to slow down... Maybe you should get here a WD Raptor drive... since she wont have a fancy GPU or anything.. mmm... raptor...speeeeeeed

What about this Mobo?... i prefer Intel... ownage did say they made the most stable... and its actually a little bit cheaper...

EDIT-- MOBO CHANGED ON ORIGINAL LISTING

ownage said:
no no, get a Intel motherboard at your local fry's and make sure its says this:
BOXD975XBXLKR
AA D27094-304
SERIALNUMBERxxx

those will support Conroe and the upcoming processors. And get an Intel 920 off the egg, and get whatever RAM you would like.

Oh and the D975XBX does come in a very pretty box :) i cant seem to throw the box away... its really sexy (well if a mobo can be sexy... this one is) lmao

Thanks for all the input y'all...

Back
Top Bottom