2nd PC build, I want to do it right!

no, amd does not support ddr2, ALTHOUGH i think they may make faster than ddr400 regular ddr memory, tho im not sure. my crucial ballistix hit ddr500 at 3-4-4-8 or something like that, which isnt bad, but they are too power hungry so i couldnt provide nuff juice because of mobo. also , my proc holds me back, but just so you know, they EASILY reach ddr500...

oh wow that is some powerful power hehehehe. but you know, for that money you could get a psu with multiple 12v rails, which would make each one more stable, as there is less load on them...

i prefer a single 12V rail. Why? It is becuase with a single 12V rail, you dont split the amps for the cpu and video card. if you cpu needs a lot of amps, and that single 12V rail cant provide it, you are out of luck. With a single 12V rail, your cpu and video card take however much amperage they need from one source, so until that source runs out, they will still have the needed amperage.

yes it is true that a single 12v gives more power, for high end stuff, you need one with split rails that are at least ~18amps each for 2, and i would suggest one with 4 for an sli setup, and it should have a total of, well, ALOT.so, 4 rails=2for dualcore proc, 2 for video cards= nuff juice and stability to power it. trust me, using an underpowered psu is one of the worst things eva, as it causes instability and you wont get a good oc, and it could mess up stuff.

The Powerstream 520 works very well for SLI, there has only been one time where ive seen it that it wasnt enough. And it was drawing ~600W already, thats pushing the limits of that powersupply. It was overclocking 2 X1900XTXs with an evap on both cards, and an Intel dualcore with LN2 on that. The powersupply was good until the end. Ill try to dig it up.

Heres it the best thing i can find: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=454864

Back
Top Bottom