physX card at newegg

Fisher said:
think ill give it six months and then reconsider it. then ill give it another six months and reconsider it again
lmao. :p thats probably wat im gonna do. :D

Its not something in that case thats going to take off really.

Anyway, if Ageia's used in games, what happens to Havok? Don't they have a card too? :eek:

Kage said:
Its not something in that case thats going to take off really.

Anyway, if Ageia's used in games, what happens to Havok? Don't they have a card too? :eek:

PhysX is in two components. Software and hardware. Games that use the PhysX software need it, but the hardware is optional. Havok is all software, and it's pretty damn good for software.

Yeah, but Havok could do with a card too. Theres still some things Havok probably couldn't do, so maybe they should release two cards? And then they'd be a battle for the best? :|

its pointless really :p

like nVidia and ATI, AMD and Intel. theres nothing like a good price war to help the consumers out there

Bahawolf said:
Yeah, its pretty expensive right now, but I'm sure (at least, it'd be nice) that the price will drop.

Computer parts are always over priced when they first come out, and once they become second generation parts (ussually within a few months), they drop in value by a few hundred dollars.

Thats because right now its aimed at all the people who have to have the latest and greatest. People with a little common sense, know to wait.

Kage said:
Yeah, but Havok could do with a card too. Theres still some things Havok probably couldn't do, so maybe they should release two cards? And then they'd be a battle for the best? :|

its pointless really :p

Well so far Havok has been dedicated to software and they done a pretty damn good job.

Yeah, it makes sense, but whats a bit weird is how, they'll be some kind of battle now between which company gets picked for physics.

From tests I saw, Havok seemed better anyway, but I don't know really howe much the card improves it, except for a few video tests on the website using two games, and the difference isn't that noticeable.

The fire effect for example looks pretty poor running with the card.

Back
Top Bottom