Diamonds The Next Step For Computers

$500 for a 1/2 carat diamond.... i doubt you need much more diamond than that to make a proc... and if you do, people pay 1k+ for a processor, and a diamond proc will outperform any proc on the planet sooo....

yes, it would prolly involve using diamond powder as the circuits, though i STILL dont think you would need more than 1 carat. although the machinery would be expensive, its really hard to tell, because as far as i know, no one has developed a way to make diamonds into processors.

The thing is to prove that it works and it is capable of being mass produced without any yields or problems while maintaining a competitive price. That'll get it going. Of course, like any new technology, it'll take a while.

I don't think it'd take more then 10 years honsetly. I mean they produced a diamond that costs 15,000 bucks for less then a 100. It'll only get cheaper as time goes on.

The unity of Nerds and Gypsies are on the way! Maybe they weren't that far off with that vibrating crystal thing being able to create results. . .
This is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom