Question- Third Party Seaching Thru History? HELP!

benjaminjames

Solid State Member
Hi, it recently came to my attention that a third party friend of the family may be looking through my families internet history and viewed websites. It came up after he displayed an uncanny knowledge of our internet history as well as many friends mentioned that he has a program that allows for such a capabilities.

1.) Is this possible? Are there programs out there that allow outside sources to see what pages you view or what websites you belong to?

2.) Is this illegal?

3.) How can one stop this from happening?

Thank you for your time.

He may have a keylogger installed on your computer, which records all keystrokes and periodically takes screenshots of your desktop and sends all this information to him via email.

Does he have access to your computer? He may have simply looked at your Internet history (by simply clicking the clock button on Internet Explorer).

No he doesn't have access and I would be shocked if he installed anything on it. Is there a way to check by chance?

If anyone else knows if something like what I mentioned before is possible, please let me know. Thanks for your help Lac3y.

you have a unsecure wireless network that he can gain access to your pc through?

It's possible. I'm not the most tech savvy guy in the world, but we've got anti-virus software and cable internet. How can I check to see if this has been happening? Thanks.

do you have a router by your pc... which connects you to the internet? if you do then its possible that other people have been connecting to your home pc through that

dude1234 said:
do you have a router by your pc... which connects you to the internet? if you do then its possible that other people have been connecting to your home pc through that

if youve got wireless router... refer to the user manual or look it up on the companies site on how to set up an encryption.

Nope, no router. Just a basic cable modem. Hmmm...it's strange, but I take it people haven't really heard of anything like this before. It's possible it's just something that allows him to view what websites a person is signed up for. But I don't know. Thanks for the tips and I'll keep looking to see if anyone has any new clues.

you said he doesn't have access but all it takes is about 10 min. never had him over and left thte computer on and unattended for that long? he's never asked to check his email? nothing of that sort? keylogger is the simplest solution so don't dismiss it because you can't think of how he could do it.

EDIT: i also just did a google search and found many remote keyloggers that require no physical access to deploy. i might suggest opening your task list and finding out what every running program does. you might just find a running keylogger program.

Back
Top Bottom