using old dvd reader

mr.monger

BSOD
is there a way i can use my old dvd reader as a player, but not in my computer? like take it out and use an external power supply to power it, and connect my headphones to it? what i wanna do is use it instead of having to use cds i would use dvds, and i wouldnt need a dvd player or something, as there are no or very few portable players that support dvd. i still refuse to get a ipod or zen or whatever, so dont tell me about any of that.

ty

do you mean dvd's as in movies, or just audio on a dvd, i suppose maybe it's possible for the audio, not for video. Try it and see.

do you mean dvd's as in movies, or just audio on a dvd, i suppose maybe it's possible for the audio, not for video. Wait, but if there's no software to play the music then i don't htink it would work, becuase the dvd reader does just that, reads it, the computer decodes it and plays it.

hhhhhhhh, sorry bout the double post, internet disconnected and came back and i thought it didn't send my reply.

i know theres no osftware, but is there a small board or something i can buy that does like mp3? becasue all i really wanna do is connect an optical drive to a board that has a headphone jack, so i dont have to use pc....

Back
Top Bottom