First time building a computer, help and suggestions? (First time poster)

Dude 168 BUCKS FOR A PSU YOUR PAYING WAY TO MUCH. Hell 480 Watts are more then what most of us need EVEN TODAY. I wouldn't spend more then 60 bucks on a PSU. Unless I was going heavy SLI extermey graphics 2 GIGS of ram raptor drivers the entire book you name it.

My biggest problem in building PCs is not the Ram, CPU, MOBO, HD, CD, but its the Power Sw and Reset SW, HD LED on the mobo I can never get those connections done right the first time around no matter how hard I try.

Also i'd suggest keeping the case local you'll save money. Unless your into a really nice fancy case that you can't find locally. Me personnally I try to keep my case, PSU, and cooling fans local.

Nik00117 said:
I wouldn't spend more then 60 bucks on a PSU.

Just wait till your 60 buck PSU decides to start a fireworks show in your computer and take EVERYTHING a long with it. Imagine that. Your brand new spakin dual core processor, the best motherboard, and that oh so shiny RAM, and those dual top of the line video cards, and your new RAID 0 array, all gone just because you decided to buy a 60 dollar PSU. Its up to you to run the risk, or to play it safe and spend a little more money.

i use a 60 dollar ASPIRE psu 520w. works fine with my dualcore rig.. of course.. i don't use SLi, i'd go with what ownage said and go for the higher end psu.

what would u be using the heatsink for...the ram has heat sinks...the cpu has a fan...the case has 2 fans...and the video card has one...so what would the heatsinks be for?!?!? :D

Back
Top Bottom