First Build ?'s about Case, Vid Card, and Mobo

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
k guys my new setup will be

amd3200+ 2.0ghz
eVGA nforce4 sli mobo (going to talk about it)
eVGA 7600gt 580/1500 (going to talk about it)
crucial ballistix 1gb (512x2) dual channel ddr400
soundblaster audigy
enermax whisperII 460watt
coolermaster centurion w/side panel (going to talk about it)

k now i know the mobo and video card would work great together but i was looking at x1800xt's and they were very fast...almost the same clocks of 7900's but only had 256mb...i this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102007
625mhz core clock
1500memory clock
256mb
256bit

now my problem is would this go with my nforce4sli mobo??? if not would i have to change the board?!?! thx :D

case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811119077
k now i need to know what u guys think of coolermaster cases as a whole...i know they have great reviews and its a pretty simple case with a side window which is what i was looking for...what do u guys think?!?!?

mobo: now if i were to get the x1800xt would i need to buy a diff mobo...if so what should i get for around 70 dollars....also i like nvidia a little more so should i just stay with the evga mobo/evga 7600gt setup?!?!? plus this way i could save money...tell me what u think of teh x1800xt idea and that will help me decide...thx :D

Man, you have made a lot of threads about this.

I would suggust just sticking with the eVGA 7600GT

However, if you really want that x1800xt, have no fear, it will work with the nForce4 chipset. However I don't think you will be able to use crossfire..

I have seen that same case down at a local shop, and well.. I don't like it. All the open holes in the front of it are just annoying, and I think it can cause some dust to get in there easier. A friend of mine has a variant of that case which gets dusty VERY easily.

ok so ill stick with the 7600gt...i just made a lot of threads because i dont want to regret ne thing....ok now guys can u help me find a good case for around 100 or less dollars!??!? thx :D...all i want is maybe a side window and good airflow...thx :D

A good case would be the coolermaster praetorian 730, great airflow, plus a side vent directing onto the PCU, Perfect!!!

hmm i will look at it...thats too much...nice case though...im looking to spend less then 100...or will that not be possible for a good case that has good airflow??? thx :D

antec solution..hmm...ill look at it :D

btw i may get 2gb dual channel later but for now im just getting 1gb (512x2) crucial ballisitx which will run great

k just looked at the antec solution...pretty solid little case but im looking for a side panel and maybe something a little more eye catching if u know what i mean...:D...before i was looking at the raidmax ninja...should i just keep with that one??? thx :D

Antec P-160, i would imagine just a TAD over 100 bucks. And if you are planning to get 2GB in the future, get 1GB stick right now. You dont want 4x512 sticks and run 2T.

Back
Top Bottom