Big Steam Problems

Spec

Fully Optimized
Big Steam Problems, MSN Problems ALOT

Steam.exe (main expectation): Win32 Structured expectation at 00E18*** : Attempt to read from virtual address 88 without appropriate access rights...that is the error im getting when i start steam, i cant start it up, after that it just closes..any suggestions..ive tryed deleting clientblob.dll and such, and ran unwise to see if any current changes have been made, i did a system restore about a few days ago, but steam was working fine about last night, ive also done a virus scan, adaware scan, etc. Any suggestions? this is really pissing me off, my life is gone without Counter Strike: Source :)

Also im getting error messages with programs that use Internet Bandwith, Steam, MSN, AIM, YAHOO, Even Guild wars.. i dont know WTF is going on..any suggestions? I cant even open up my firewall anymore! I really have done more than 20 virus/Ad-aware scans in the past 5 hours..

i hate steam... do you have all rights on your computer? like an admin account, or are you using a restricted account?

I gotta ask, how many processes you running on your task manager? Steam would give me errors like that when I was on my buddy's system, it was running wayyyyy too much junk. After klling like 20 un-needed .exes, steam ran perfectly fine.

Perhaps there is a program running that is conflicting with steam?

Im on an administer account, Also i only have about 15 system processes running. but this is so fuckign wierd, my sister used my computer to check her email last night and its been so fucking screwed ever since (excuse the language) but i even get errors when i try to Run a System Restore, and even in safe mode im getting errors, its not just steam now, its the hole system, and i do not want to reinstall windows again, im probably gonna do a Deleted File recovery, maybe somehow some of my windows System files got erased, maybe a virus, i dont know. If that doesnt work, ill do a volume recovery to scan for errors in the partion. Well if you guys have any more info on how to fix any of this..please reply

I understand your rage, but you need to watch your language man. Try searching on yahoo for some steam forums. I'm sure someone has the same problem you do.

It's in times like these... your going to just want to reinstall. I can just about promise you, that if you back up your files and just format now, your going to save yourself a lot of time and stress. Just do it man... thats the only sure fire way to fix anything that is messed up.

I dont think he has a Windows Cd. Ill ask him at school tomorrow. But we will see. Maybe he will have to go to Linux, and WINE.

Mmmm wine.. Might wanna do a hijackthis thing then post in virus section on this forum or just reformat should be able to bum a copy of windows of someone.

Back
Top Bottom