PC recognizing PSP

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I have a PSP question. How can you get the computer to recognize the PSP? I know there's a USB cable that you use, but are there drivers involved to allow the connection to go through? Kind of like Active Sync with PDA's? I don't have a PSP myself but someone I know has one. I told him if there are CD's that came with the PSP and he said it didn't come with anything but the charger and the PSP itself.

Ok, never mind. I found this website that tells me everything:

http://www.psp-vault.com/module-pnForum-viewtopic-topic-9.psp

Turns out you need a memory stick in there, lol. Strange how that works. Doesn't the PSP have internal storage?

we had it in USB mode, but nothing happened. I'll bet it has something to do with that memory stick. I need to ask that kid to see if he has a memory stick in there because I didn't check that. Didn't even cross my mind that you need a memory stick to get it going.

Well if you want your PSP to be like a media reader for Memory Stick Pro DUO cards, then you'll need that USB plug. If you don't, just get a USB media reader or something to put data in and out of it.

This guy has Windows ME installed and it's still not reading the PSP, even with the Sony memory stick in there. Weird. Do you think it's the stupid Windows ME not supporting USB 2.0 or something? It's a crappy OS.

Back
Top Bottom