Myspace fun

you realize why all these new bands like Panic and Fall out boy are being formed in such a short amount of time right? Its because the music industry is desperate to make money from all the illegal music downloading. I remember when albums took like 4 years to make, when being signed by a record label was like knowing there will be a spot in heaven for you no matter what, when being on TRL was a challenge, and when Fuse played metal. I want that back I don't want to hear screamo and emo and all that bull honky. I dont want to hear lyrics about gay sex (except prison sex by tool). And I esspecially don't want to see anymore fall out boy vampire videos in the morning. So stop downloading music illegally.

GreatHype said:
you realize why all these new bands like Panic and Fall out boy are being formed in such a short amount of time right? Its because the music industry is desperate to make money from all the illegal music downloading. I remember when albums took like 4 years to make, when being signed by a record label was like knowing there will be a spot in heaven for you no matter what, when being on TRL was a challenge, and when Fuse played metal. I want that back I don't want to hear screamo and emo and all that bull honky. I dont want to hear lyrics about gay sex (except prison sex by tool). And I esspecially don't want to see anymore fall out boy vampire videos in the morning. So stop downloading music illegally.

You obviously don't know much. 80% of bands that have gone mainstream (aka ruined) have been around for a while

GreatHype said:

Genres do not define good music. Sure I don't like punk but that doesn't mean it's crap now does it? They do what they do so they can be creative. The main concept of music is to show your emotions in a musical way. Everyone likes something different so don't say
I don't want to hear screamo and emo and all that bull honky.
Just turn it off or maybe listen to your CDs? And I must agree with you on the gay sex or any sex for that matter. It's ok if it's not so upfront like some songs are..

Anyway I still respect your opinion. Although it's not due to illegal downloads of music. What runs the world? Money. What do record companies want? Money. They are signing more bands so they sell more CDs so they get more money. Granted it is partially because of IDLs but not entirely. Music has been turned into a business. And BTW the music industry hasnt been spiraling downward since 2000, Try the mid 80's.

::EDIT:: I actually forgot to tell Marx his myspace was cool...

Chimaera said:
Genres do not define good music. Sure I don't like punk but that doesn't mean it's crap now does it? They do what they do so they can be creative. The main concept of music is to show your emotions in a musical way. Everyone likes something different so don't say

Just turn it off or maybe listen to your CDs? And I must agree with you on the gay sex or any sex for that matter. It's ok if it's not so upfront like some songs are..

Anyway I still respect your opinion. Although it's not due to illegal downloads of music. What runs the world? Money. What do record companies want? Money. They are signing more bands so they sell more CDs so they get more money. Granted it is partially because of IDLs but not entirely. Music has been turned into a business. And BTW the music industry hasnt been spiraling downward since 2000, Try the mid 80's.

::EDIT:: I actually forgot to tell Marx his myspace was cool...

Mid 80s?!?! 3 words Pet Shop Boys...lol some of their songs have good beats.

ArrizX said:
wait.. I dont get it. How did you edit that part? because, thats not the html enabled part of the site. Hell, there isnt even a place to place the code. So what in **** lol

:p

Back
Top Bottom