Headless chicken lives for 18 months

lol how funny is that! imagine having a headless rooster for a pet, ide be so freaked out lol

Yeah I read about that. Strange about the brain though, and it must have been really bad on the chicken :(

I believe it died by chocking to death?

No offense or nothing, but having a headless chicken seems kind of inhumane. Like I believe you have to eat meat because you need it to survive. Just having a headless chicken just for the hell of it seems pretty messed up. I think the chicken wasn't really doing anything, like all its processes must have been on the edge between shutting down, and thats what allowed it to live for so long.

well.. i would immagine it couldnt feel any pain

I am a nature person though, so I dont exactly approve, but eh, It must not have been in any pain, running off nerve endings (like a snake that can strike even after its dead)

Haha, it's kinda interesting, but if you read it at night, it kinda stirrs up creepy memories of horror movies. :p

This sounded very urban-legendy to me at first. But read the entire article - it pretty much explains everything. It claims that a humane society at the time concluded that "Mike" suffered no pain (hard to believe). It also explains how the brains continued to function.

And at the end it mentions "Mike the Headless Chicken Day" held every year in Fruita, Colorado. And what a fine tradition it must be.

Back
Top Bottom