graphic card?

dspencer24

Solid State Member
I had a question for you guys. Is the ati radeon 9550 a decent graphic card? all i really do is watch movies and and clips and stuff. But I want good graphic. but not to pricey cause i dont play games

Clips and movies... thats it... no gaming... it sure doesnt take much for that... search up the GCard i have on my sig, its not too expensive and its specs are good... although my computer is having unresolved issues... not sure if it is in fact the GCard

EDIT-- it also has 3 different vid outputs... VGA, DVI, and SVideo

You could go and buy a pooy 64MB card, and buy 2X7900GTX in SLI, just for movies, you would not see a difference.

Check out http://geek.pricegrabber.com

Thats what i use to shop for my computer stuff... it has tech specs as well... quality of the movies... is great... but your Optical drives (dvd/cd) if playing from disc or the quality of the ripped/"downloaded" (is it stolen... no i have no idea what the internet even is :p) have a lot to do with that as well... also the quality of the movie and your screen settings also of course the monitor have a lot to do with the quality... the GCard has only so much to do with it

went to site it doesnt say much about movies and pics and clip? How is the pic quality? I want it to be as crisp as possible

joxley1990 said:
You could go and buy a pooy 64MB card, and buy 2X7900GTX in SLI, just for movies, you would not see a difference.
so you wouldnt see the difference in grapics

dspencer24 said:
went to site it doesnt say much about movies and pics and clip? How is the pic quality? I want it to be as crisp as possible

Monitor, think monitor... and if you are ripping files... your dimensions need to be big... and if playing from a drive... a good dvd drive is where its at... your GCard doesnt have a whole lot to do with it

Yeah, a standard graphics card would even be good for you, as video needs mostly the CPU so its not like you need a fast one.

Its the resoloutions, video programs/codecs that are going to make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom