Headless chicken lives for 18 months

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

Yes, a headless chicken. I've heard about it in the past, but never saw the article. I just thing its so cool how a chicekn could live so long. IN my exp they normally just flap around then die within a short ammount of time. but this one was able to live for 18 months!

Its from wiki, i've never knwon anything from wiki to be false so.

Cool, thats amazing. You would think because the blood cannot go round in a complete circuit, it would not live..

Well if its throat is just "open" just through that, you dont need a head to breathe, just a throat. Why do you think they make a hole in peoples throats in hospitals sometimes?

I've heard the chicken was genetically a lil different then most which allowed it to live. It stil had most of its brain and stuff.

how the heck can it have most of its brain mate.. its head was ripped off. Inless like shrimps - their bodies parts are elsewher,e for instance a shrimps heart is in its brain!

No if you read thea rticle most of its brain matter was onits stem going to the brainitself therfore most his brain was intact.

oh right...

i bet when they were pulling the head off - the brains themselves were forced down the nerves which extend to the brain. Thus severaly braindamaged the brain was still sending the signal to the heart to "tick over" and thus the chicken lived.

But how did it eat - reckon the owners dropped seeds down into its stomach by selecting the correct hole down the stub left on its neck?!

Back
Top Bottom