Blu-Ray Writers

It'll drop in price though as more are built and manufactured.

DVD writers used to cost loads when they first appeared.

It'll drop. It'll drop fast, I paid 150 bucks for my DVD burner 2 years ago. I bought a better one a few months ago for 40 bucks.

Yep, HD-DVD which has just been released, and Blu-ray.

They are both the same in the fact they are both read by a blue laser beam for more denisty in a smaller space, but Blu-ray can hold 25GB (50gb dual layer), whilst HD-DVD can hold 15GB I believe single layer (Not sure on double, but I guess 30gb)

I hope Blue-Ray wins though. I think it holds the most future, and should be accepted. Just have to wait for the prices to go right down though!

Plus blu-ray sounds cooler like a weapon out of star trek or something... rather than HD-DVD... gay acronyms... grrr... dont get me started with acronyms...

Blu-Ray Discs hold 23.3 Gigs Single Layer, 46 Dual, 100 Quad, and 200 Oct.

HD-DVD Discs hold 15 Gigs Single Layer, 30 Gigs Dual, 45 Triple, Then doubling the ammount when you have double SIDED discs.

However, the more space you have on a single disc, the longer the seek time. (For those of you who dont know what seek time is, immagine searching a 200Gb hard drive for a single file, Thats what yould get with an Oct Layer Blu-Ray Disc

I just want a new competitor, and Blu-Ray seems alot more future proofed.

Plus, if you wait for the PS3 to drop in price, it'll be like buying a Blu-Ray player to get that, and could play games as well, which would be worthwhile to alot of consumers if the price was right.

I definietly wouldn't want blu-ray to go the same way as Sony's UMD disc (poor as it was)

Back
Top Bottom