system wont boot

EricM

Daemon Poster
i just build a new comp and i turned it on for the first time. my motherboard lit up 4 diagnostic leds which means system start then it went to 3... which means cpu deteced... after that it goes to 2 which means ram detected... but once it does that the cpu fan on the heat sink stops... then it goes to 1 led which means vga detected and then its supposed to not light up any leds which means system boot. i diddnt leave the computer on for long because the cpu fan stops.... what do i do?

Can we have some specs? I know that on my mobo, there are settings for makin the heat-sink kick in at a certain temerature.

the mobo is a dfi lanparty ut sli-dr expert, cpu amd x2 4400+, ram ocz 2gb, hdd WD 250 gb sata II, and a 7900gt.

yea sorry what i mean is the system WILL power up... like the fans run and everything then the mobo does that diagnostic led thing and then it goes to the first one which means vga deteced and nothing happens.. the bios doesnt come up or anything... i didnt want to wait any longer kuz the cpu fan stopped spinning.

Have you got a 4-pin molex to 3-pin molex plug? you could connect your HS with that then have a look at the BIOS to see if the mobo is managing the fan speed. If not try resetting the bios

hs??? well ok the diagnostic led for the CPU lights up and the cpu fan starts spinning then it moves on to the dram one and that lights up and the cpu fan stops spinning. then what is it supposed to do after that? its supposed to go into POST correct? how long does that normally take to go into? I have a 4 pin molex connecter with 3 fan connecters on there but the fan connecters are only 2 pin?

Soz, ur right 4 pin to 2 pin, im tired... HS = Heat Sink, u mean that the comp doesn't even get to the BIOS post??? i thought that u turned it off for fear of burnin the cpu.

i did turn it off... im confused lol...i diddnt even get into the bios..?

Back
Top Bottom