barebone system question

jcon89 said:
haha ok thx for help, i guess ill have to stick my radeon 9600 in there till i get my new one -.-

EVERYONES SO HELPFUL HERE
and so damn fast :D

cya guys later
u can do that if its pci-e, if its agp u cant...

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TELLING THIS KID!@!@! Listen.. look at the mobo specs. There isnt even a vga output on the motherboard for christs sake. That means there is NO intergrated graphics. You will need either a PCI or PCI-e graphics card.

BTW, that PSU is terrible. The cooling fan and heatsink for the CPU is below average. And the RAM modules really aren't all that. This isn't a very good machine, but the price obviously reflects that.

TigerDirect's description scares me

Here's your entrée to breathtaking power, blistering speed, astonishing graphics and stunning multimedia. A barebone so extreme that we don't recommend it for the faint of heart. We've combined the powerhouse Asus A8N-nForce 4 Ultra PCIE motherboard with the sensational AMD Athlon 64 ClawHammer CPU, Ultra's acclaimed 500-watt X-Finity power supply with 120mm fan, a top-quality 160GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive (refurbished) from Maxtor, 512MB of blazing fast Ultra PC3200 DDR memory, an outstanding Masscool CPU cooling fan and our stunning Ultra Wizard Mid Tower ATX computer case. The Asus A8N-SLI nForce4 Ultra takes performance to a whole new level with its astounding array of brand new, landmark technologies. Based on the NVIDIA nForce4 SLI chipset, this fantastic motherboard supports PCI-Express architecture, SATA 3Gb/s. NV Firewall, AL NOS, AL Audio (8 channels!) and much more. At our legendary low pricing, this is one of our best barebone deals of the year! Order today and get ready to build the extreme system you've always wanted.

The RAM's not all that bad, its 512MB, average now-a-day.... Most games only recommend 256-512 anyway...but the price is so low I wouldn't except a power machine..

the ram is gonna be updated to 2GB, so dont worry about that lol
im not lookin for the best comp in the world here, just something that can play some good games, which im sure this computer will be able to do.

Well the computer isn't all that bad, but we're talking about the future and what it can do then... its better than mine.. and 2GB is more than you'll probably need :D ...

And a footnote: I want 1 GB of RAM :( lol

2GB for Vista? :eek: I doubt you'll need that much... (Then again, its Microsoft we're talking about here, anything is possible...)

I read up on the specs for Vista. Only the Ultimate and the Home Premium Edition will need a MINIMUM of 1GB. That's a lot. So I figured, I'll double that for my sake.

All the other editions need just 512MB minimum RAM.

Whoa... Now thats a lot of RAM for an operating system to run. I think I'll stick with Windows XP for a while anyway, until the price drops a bit... :p

Back
Top Bottom