my new build finally done!

The Z-5500's are soo good. You won't regret the price, trust me. The sound is so powerful, that I can't even use it anymore in my apartment. My roommates and surrounding neighbor would be complaining all the time. I can always turn it down or cut the bass off completely, but that's no fun. So I packed it up in the box :p

Of course they are good, but maybe a BIT too powerful haha. Ill hold off on the speakers just a bit longer. I got a good deal on a Samsung 19 inch monitor too. Its 8ms...nothing compared to your 2ms :p but its good enough for the amount of gaming i do. Its all height adjustable too which is really nice. I am installing windows today also :D. but will a usb keyboard work before windows and the usb drivers are installed? if not i have to go borrow someones ps/2 keyboard! ill take some more pics when i get it up and running :D.

Don't take the Z-5500 the wrong way. Yes, it is powerful but you can control the bass. Good thing for that, otherwise, your walls would be thumping all the time. The sound is so clear and sharp. It's by far the best surround sound speaker set I ever bought. I believe it even rivals some home theater setups too. That good.

8ms monitors is just fine. I just got a bit excited seeing that 2ms and had to get it. You will experience no ghosting also with 8ms. It's fast.

That's a good question regarding the USB devices work before install of Windows. Try it out and see. Worse case scenario is you'll need an adapter for USB to PS/2. Your mouse or keyboard should come with one. Or you can just borrow your dad's keyboard or whoever's computer is in the house :p

well i am currently typing on a usb keyboard haha.. well i think i got a wireless keyboard kicking around that has a usb adapter for the keyboard. i can steal that for now and it should work right? but what about the mouse?

ooh and for those z5500s do you have them hooked up using the analog outputs? i think theres a sound card out now that has a digital output. i wonder how much better they would sound then.

I just have them plugged into the back of my sound card. The digital processing on there does the rest. The Z-5500 comes with a central unit in which it controls the digital sounds, settings, volume controls, etc. It would be good to try them out on the X-Fi chipset. I wonder what the difference would be? To me, it already sounds good the way it's setup because our brain can only pick up frequency to a certain degree.

EricM said:
well i am currently typing on a usb keyboard haha.. well i think i got a wireless keyboard kicking around that has a usb adapter for the keyboard. i can steal that for now and it should work right? but what about the mouse?

ooh and for those z5500s do you have them hooked up using the analog outputs? i think theres a sound card out now that has a digital output. i wonder how much better they would sound then.
I don't understand what you mean (for the first paragraph)

Yes i am going to get the x-fi sound card, but it doesnt have a optical out. i know of a card out there that does have an optical out but is it worth it?

Jordan Pardy said:
I don't understand what you mean (for the first paragraph)

what i mean is i have a usb keyboard but will that work in the BIOS before the USB drivers are even installed? if not i have a usb to ps/2 keyboard adapter which i can use, but then i am still stuck with a usb mouse.

I think it all depends on your USB PCI card...I'd use the PS/2 Keyboard adapter... until you get the USB drivers installed. I use PS/2 for my keyboard anyway.. I like it better :) for some reason.

I have that memory! It's good, but I have had bad luck with running outside of the 200 MHz frequency range. I'm running a perfect divider that allows it to run at exactly 200 MHz, and it sure does good. If you get the FSB to 255, you can run at CPU/14 (according to CPU-Z) divider and have it run at 200 MHz. Granted, AMD's do take a hit when running with a divider, but I like my setup... Works good enough for me!

Just a little information -- if you are even planning on overclocking! :D

Back
Top Bottom