PS3 Controller Rumors

Yeah, I have a gamecube, but haven't really bought many games for it. No games Ive wanted have really come out for it.

Burnout 3, etc didnt, and that was the main one that I wanted to get after playing 2, but nooo.

My Dreamcast is actually set up at the moment and the gamecube beside it.

I have Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, NHL 2005 and Super Mario Sunshine, but I have many more games for PlayStation 2.

Even though I like Mario games, I don't own any.

I have Burnout 2 (good now and again), James bond Nightfire (never really bothered with it), Sonic Adventure 2 battle (have it on dreamcast, but sister got it again), a snow boarding game (birthday present), and Metal Gear (the best one probably, that I've played through twice) and thats it.

About half of Gamecube games are aimed at small kids :( but there still are some good ones... Oh, and yes, I'm obessed with Mario.

Here's what Peter Moore has to say about the PS3. Basically Microsoft and Nintendo are "banding together" against Sony, per se. :p

WebProNews.com said:
Xbox Vice President Peter Moore admitted to the Washington Post on Thursday what has been obvious all week:

That the best value for gamers is to buy the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii, which combined will cost as much as a Sony Playstation 3. Now, Microsoft doesn't need to team up with Nintendo to make this succeed, but it couldn't hurt for them to start helping the Wii platform. The comparisons match up perfectly.

Worried about money? Buy a Wii
Can afford a little more? 360
Can afford a little more than that? Buy both
Need a tilt sensor? Wii's got that
Need high-end graphics? 360, baby
Need games for kids? Wii is the best
Need hardcore games? 360 is tops
Need to save space? Wii is smallest
Need a hard drive and Media Center? 360 is for you

Need BluRay? That'll be $600, for the console that has absolutely nothing else that the other two already have. BluRay becomes the only selling point for the PS3, as an Xbox/Wii combo contains everything else, and a broader swath of games than Sony will ever offer. Plus, Nintendo has the better "fun" games, Microsoft has the better online service. PS3 vs. 360 is a wash, because anything the PS3 has and the 360 doesn't, is absorbed by the higher price. But 360/Wii vs. PS3 makes the competition look like a joke.

In a perfect world, Microsoft and Nintendo team up, offering cross-platform options, adding value to people who buy both. In a more realistic world, Microsoft makes sure the price of the 360 is exactly equal to the cost of the PS3 minus the cost of the Wii.

"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii … for the price of one PS3."

Also, here's what Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, had to say about the affordability of the Wii vs. PS3:

First of all, all we've said is that we'll have an affordable price range. We're using ‘affordable' in the sense that the price won't be significantly higher than Nintendo's prices have been historically. Compared with $600, anything is affordable, so it's absurd to even compare our price.

Source:
http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/blogtalk/wpn-58-20060512MicrosoftLooksToAnXboxWii60.html

EDIT>>> Haha, as if that wasn't bad enough, here's what Ken Kutaragi had to say about the the PS3's price.

DailyTech.com said:
$499 and $599 is "probably too cheap"

Adding more fuel to the PlayStation 3 fire, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) president Ken Kutaragi is not only defending the PS3's high price of entry, but he says that it's not expensive enough. The PS3 is priced at $499 for the basic version with a 20GB hard drive, no HDMI output, no WiFi and no media reader. The $599 version comes with a 60GB hard drive and all of the trimmings.

Kutaragi goes on to explain his position concerning the price of the PS3, "For instance, is it not nonsense to compare the charge for dinner at the company cafeteria with dinner at a fine restaurant? It's a question of what you can do with that game machine. If you can have an amazing experience, we believe price is not a problem."

If $499 and $599 is considered to be "too cheap," then it would be difficult to detemine what seems reasonable as XBOX 360 costs under $300 and the Nintendo Wii may retail for a mere $200.

Source:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2289

alvino said:
Here's what Peter Moore has to say about the PS3. Basically Microsoft and Nintendo are "banding together" against Sony, per se. :p

Source:
http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/blogtalk/wpn-58-20060512MicrosoftLooksToAnXboxWii60.html

EDIT>>> Haha, as if that wasn't bad enough, here's what Ken Kutaragi had to say about the the PS3's price.

Source:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2289
Heh. Hardcode gaming. 360. Save space. Wii. Lol ;) Whats the PS3 good for? This Microsoft--Nintendo thing should be fun to watch. :D

Haha, thats rather kewl, and theres Sony saying "The PS3's probably too cheap".

I agree that beyond all, the Blu-ray would be the best selling point.

But is is true what people are saying that the PS3 in the long run will be the best in power of the new consoles? Or is that all rubbish? With differences in graphics being noticable, etc.

Haha, I watched a vid from the PS3 playing the new Sonic game, and someone asked in the background "Will there be any differences in graphics from the Xbox 360's version to the PS3?"

And the spokesman said "No they'll be about the same, although the graphics on the PS3 will probably be a bit sharper".

Haha, that is talk for you.

Kage said:
Haha, thats rather kewl, and theres Sony saying "The PS3's probably too cheap".

I agree that beyond all, the Blu-ray would be the best selling point.

But is is true what people are saying that the PS3 in the long run will be the best in power of the new consoles? Or is that all rubbish? With differences in graphics being noticable, etc.

Haha, I watched a vid from the PS3 playing the new Sonic game, and someone asked in the background "Will there be any differences in graphics from the Xbox 360's version to the PS3?"

And the spokesman said "No they'll be about the same, although the graphics on the PS3 will probably be a bit sharper".

Haha, that is talk for you.
Yeah, I printed out both of those articles... $599 being too cheap :D lol that's crazy when XBOX 360 and WII are much much cheaper, and still good consoles.

Yeah, both the Xbox 360 and Wii are great consoles that has everything the PS3 has, other than Blu-Ray. Both only cost the same price as the PS3 base unit.

Yeah, both of them combined. I might get a Wii when its released but I'm defintely not going to get a PlayStation(R) 3 at that price.

Back
Top Bottom