stolen eBay password & now cannot log onto XP

kam1

Beta member
hey there people. first time post.

i have window xp on my desktop.

last night, my wife checked out our yahoo email and found 20 emails from ebay members. fast forward and we find that somehow someone got our password and started an auction. we ended it, and changed the eBay password immediately.

later last night, i shut down my desktop.

now, i turn the computer on and i cannot log onto my desk top.

if i click on my user id, the desktop starts up then immediately logs off. i try to input my password (both my user ID and the admin ID) but it does not work.

i am not a pc genious....can some one clue me in on wtf is going on with my pc????

oh, and i do not recall downloading anything suspicious. i only DL'd some work pdf file from someone doing some ad work for me and a .xls doc for some furniture quotes!!

thanks in advance!!!!

boot to safe mode (f8 usually) click administrator logon and (assuming it loads) run virus scans, it sounds as if your security has been compromised, you may have a trojan/keylogger that is allowing someone onto your pc from the net, or you could just use System Restore to go back to a time prior to this problem (if you can log on in safe mode) try those and let us know how you got on, good luck.

EDIT: Welcome to the Forum by the way :)

don't think system restore will remove any nasties you might have.
try it anyway as deathstar says.
what anti virus and firewall do you use?
woz

Sounds like a good excuse to me to get a new one:D I allways find lame excuses to buy a new computer, or new hardware etc..

Back
Top Bottom