Assisted suicide

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Thers a law going around in Britain atm and america. Basically they want doctors to be aloud to help patients who are extermely sick, and there chance of survivial is really, really low they can have themsevles kiled. They would have safegrauds in it where you'd have to have it written in a living will, and a lot of witnesses andd stuff and you'd have to be the one to say it. You can't have your husband or sombody agree with it, and stuff it has to be your chocie. Either in a written living will or by your own words.

They'd do it with mecidcie its painless. You feel no pain on the way down, its kinda like you go into a peaceful sleep, and doze off and never wake up again, much like I figure most of us perfer to die.

Example lung cancer, VERY, VERY, VERY, did I mention very few poeple survive this type of cancer without a transplate. Lets say your so high up on the list and don't got long to live. You figure I can either wait 3 months and die a slow death. Or I can go into a peaceful sleep, and merely not wake up again.

I'm in favor of this law, because I mean its only for those who have been diagnozed of a disease or sickness and have very little time to live. Doctors say they can do it easly, and they've done it in other countires and well it works. YOu go to sleep, and simply don't wake up. Theres no pain invovled. What do you think?

PLEASE NOTE: You have to been diagozed by a doctor, have less than 6 months to live, you have to say it yourself or have it written in a living LEGAL will.

I think.. TBH, I'd rather die than spend the last siz months of my life with a crippling illness, and in constant pain withonlt palative care available.

I mean, there's no sense delaying the inevitable...

(although you could argue that new drugs may be developed cira six months after you die that may hav cured you overnight!).

I think doctor assisted suicide is a good idea. I personally dont think I would be able to kill myself, but for the many people in pain it's worth it, if they cannot ever heal.

suicide is the second most honorable way of going out. i would rather kill myself than die a dishonorable death....

Also we have to remember we are not talking about some nut case thats trying to attempt sucide. I'm pretty surpised at the responses so far.

I think it should be allowed but only if either the person agrees to it or it's in his/her will. Like if someone goes into a vegetable state and have no or very little chance of making a recovery to a normal mental state and it's in their will they want to die if this happens to them then the doctors should be allowed to take their life.

I dont think though other people should be allowed to make the decison(i.e. family members). If the person never had somthing saying he/she would want to be "put down" then the doctors should not be allowed to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom