Upgrading To USB 2.0

new mobo, or find a way to attach them to your usb 2.0 PCI card. I have one of those and it has a slot for that exact purpose

Whats wrong with my motherboard? Sorry I'm acting so stupid but I'm sort of new to USB...and how it works...

If your motherboard does not support USB 2.0 on the slots that are either part of the board or wired into the board, you would need to change the mobo to one that has that integrated support. Otherwise try and wire them into the new PCI Card.

Okay... I basically don't understand anything your saying... so lets just forget it... Basically the only slots I really want updated is my front ones... :D

This can be closed if a mod wants to, or else just keep it open, I don't care, lol :D

it isn't that hard, if u take usb cable and cut it , there are 4 wires, red, white, green, and white.

take a usb cable and cut it

like...this bad illistration is a male plug and the wire []----------

then there should be wires going from the usb on the front of them comp, take one, and cut it, it should have 4 wires on the inside of that. same colors, take the male usb cable and strip the wires and connect them to the wires from the usb cable from the front.

know what i am saying? connect em all, and then electrical tape em, and plug the male one into the pci slot usb connector.

or screw that, and just get a pci card and a couple of these.

http://www.eastmaze.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=226

just buy a pci card and one of them usb extension things. plug the cable into the new pci card and the other end by the front of your comp. same thing to me :)

So I'd plug the cord into the internal slot on the PCI card.... but where would I connect it to my USB 2.0 front ports?

Back
Top Bottom