100mb/s connection disconnecting every 5 minutes?!?!?!?

No. Its still 10 mbps. Think of it as only using have of the cable. Not really but thats how i usually think of it.

Half/Full means Half duplex(information only flows in one direction at a time.) or Full Duplex (information can flow in and out at the same time.) Full duplex is the best option to use.

Might be a distance thing. Maybe you could update your router's firmware to get some better performance.

hmmm

should i try to set the router to only 10mbps...i mean nothing on my computer has slowed down internet wise so maybe it could just make it easier on the router??...but noone else disconnects in my family..its only me and idk y...how would i update the firmware???

It doesnt really matter what the router is set to, if it had 100 available it was obviously ment to be used at that speed. Regardless of how you have it set, the speed from the internet to your computer will stay the same. However.. If you have a network at home that you often transfer files across that will be affected in speed/performance.

well yes we have 4 computers on our router but we dont transfer files btwn the computers...also could it be my cable or even the card?? thx :D

Most of the time, I have seen this issue after people have removed spyware or some crap like that. Have you done any updates or removed any virus's or spyware lately? Carefull dont be a smart ass ! LOL (dont ask)

uh there have been some viruses that Avast (my antivirus) caught and some spyware but its gone now...also its not dsl its a local company and we have sattelites on teh side of our house that go to another about 1/2mile away which then goes hardwired to the internet company and its called FastFreedom :D

Ok, then thats your problem. It probably corrupt your TCP/IP settings, Add/Remove Windows components, Uninstall and then reinstall after rebooting

Back
Top Bottom