Physical memory dumping

jcon891

Daemon Poster
hi, This really wont be an issue by next week since i am building my new gaming computer by then, but i would like to know what the problem with this computer is, and if i could fix it.

This PC has been shutting off randomly, or freezing up when i play games, or blue screening, and every once in a while, i get a blue screen that says my ATI card is "dumping physical memory" and i have to shut my computer off.

I have a ATI Radeon 9600, Windows XP Pro, 2.4 GHz processor, 1 gig PC2100 Ram.

if it says dumping physical memory... it's probably a problem with the memory.. make sure one of the sticks didn't get dislodged.. i had this problem before.. i system restored and it was up and running again.. don't know if this helps.

Happened to me with my video card. Well, my moms laptop. And I upgraded the drivers, and that solved that.

try what arrizx suggested first.. he may be right cuz i remember i messed up my drivers some how on my 6800gs

kchi55 said:
if it says dumping physical memory... it's probably a problem with the memory.. make sure one of the sticks didn't get dislodged.. i had this problem before.. i system restored and it was up and running again.. don't know if this helps.
No, thats not exactly accurate. A memory dump is because windows has crashed. and whatever information is stored in memory at that time is being put into a "dump" basicly a txt file that gives information about the error, etc..

It gives information about the reson windows crashed. The memory dump contains the information about the specific device that caused it to crash

Probably the video drivers. There are some issues with the Cataylst 6.4 drivers, and they're the latest ones so you might want to stay away from them. Uninstall your current drivers, delete the appropriate registry keys, and install the Cataylst 6.3 drivers. They're the latest stable release.

: / my video drivers arent up to date, but i need the .Net framework, but my windows key thing is blocked.. does this mean i cant do anything about it?

Back
Top Bottom