PS3 Controller Rumors

Umm, yeah, that was my point. Sony pretty much bit off of all their competitors and blended in everything nice into their controller. Don't forget about PlayStation Online (yet to be named)...it's rumored to be pretty much like Xbox Live, with a marketplace and "PlayStation Cards". Damn biters...can't come up with anything original; all they do is hype and hype then copy others. :rolleyes:

True :p

The motion concept doesn't work the same as the Nintendo one like I mentioned. It can't remember positions from what you are looking at on the screen, so alot of game designs wouldn't work, which would work on the Wii.

I also heard somewhere that the guide button was more an after thought, because none of the developers got ANY information about it, so couldn't implement anything into the games to use it.
The same seems likely for the motion, since Warhawk was the only one on display to use it, and they had only been told something like a week before the E3 show, and so were very good to implement it so fast into the movement of the ships.

But it really makes me mad, Cuz Now that the news of stuff like that comes out, My Sony fanboy friends are always like "Oh my god, Hunter, Did you hear? Sonys getting a-" "I know I know, Sony took one of someone elses ideas and put it on their system to make you gitty right?" "Um..."

And I'm Right, Every, Single, Time. They keep talking about how the PS3 is going to be so revolutionary cuz of all these features, But theyre ALREADY OUT!

Sony is officially the King of Hype and Biting. First, they hype everything up to enormous levels, like Ken Kutaragi (he was always full of himself anyways) bragging about PlayStation Online being "4D" and a "Online Matrix". Haha, right. :rolleyes: From the looks of it, PlayStation Online basically is Xbox Live rebranded. I mean, could you bite off of Microsoft anymore?! There's even a marketplace for pete's sake! Who came out with that idea? Microsoft and Xbox Live.

The PS3's controller is, in my opinion, one of the most unoriginal controllers ever. Sony put no creativity whatsoever. PERIOD. What they did was use the old DualShock 2 shell, make the R2 and L2 buttons into triggers, took out the shock (which totally contradicts "DualShock") and use Bluetooth for the wireless. To make things worse, they totally bite off of Microsoft and Nintendo. The six degrees of freedom? Complete (and failing) copy of the Wii's motion controller. The PS3's "Guide" button? Utterly bitten off of the Xbox 360's Guide button. Oh and don't forget about ergonomics. Jeesh, the PS3's controller has no ergonomics WHATSOEVER. At least the Xbox 360's controller was completely redesigned to fit comfortably while keeping it light (trust me, it is LIGHT). Heck, even Apple's R&D team would probably give the Xbox 360's controller some respect. Then again, Microsoft does do a good job with ergonomics, considering their mice are some of the most ergonomic mice in the market. I can't complain much about the Wii's controller. It's the most unique and unorthodox controller EVER. No gaming company has ever made any controller like the Wii's. Personally, I think it'll be nice. Anyone see E3? The attatchments Nintendo made for the controller are nice...very innovative. Originality and innovation is something Sony could definately improve on.

Now on to the PS3 itself.

WHAT THE HELL WAS SONY THINKING?! The base system is $499! It's worse than the Xbox 360 Core system! No HDMI, no Wi-Fi support, no flash media support and only 20gb?! The only way to go is with the 60gb system. Unfortunately it's $599. Yes, it's $599. Insane...only ONE HDMI plug, but at least it supports everything good. Seriously, sometimes I just get that feeling that Sony just can't do anything right. Don't get me wrong, they REVOLUTIONIZED the console gaming industry.

First, they hype like crazy, like dual-HDMI support and 7 controllers. They dropped the dual-HDMI support, but who the hell is going to buy TWO HDTV's just to play 7 player games?! Not to mention that the frames would lag like crazy bitch trying to put out 1080i/1080p HD on BOTH TV's. Now that they dropped dual-HDMI, who the hell is going to play 7 player on ONE TV? First, the number 7 itself is just way too odd. It just seems like Sony decided to have some fun or something, but seriously, I ain't laughing. Actually, I am, because it's the PS3 that will suffer.

Games. Expect to see a 10%-20% increase in the price of games. Considering that games are already costing $60 to develop, thanks to the work needed to make games for this kind of hardware, add in the expensive manufacturing process of Blu-Ray and expect to see games go up to $70-$80. It's ridiculous.

The first impression I'm getting from Sony is that they think everyone is made out of money and can afford a $600 console, the HDTV and the games. Looks like Ken Kutaragi has been aiming a little too high. Haha, Mr. Hype. 100+ frames? 4D Matrix? Right.

Whatever, Sony will sell PS3's like hotcakes. Why? The PlayStation 2. Not to mention the name Sony has made for themselves doing so. Either way, Microsoft and Nintendo will be there every step of Sony's way to make sure it's living hell for them. Trust me.

Well considering the controller images only display 4 controller lights, it makes me think the rest of the 3 are for other types of connections.

Kage said:
Well considering the controller images only display 4 controller lights, it makes me think the rest of the 3 are for other types of connections.

Eh? Care to clear up on that? I don't exactly get what you mean.

alvino said:
Sony is officially the King of Hype and Biting. First, they hype everything up to enormous levels, like Ken Kutaragi (he was always full of himself anyways) bragging about PlayStation Online being "4D" and a "Online Matrix". Haha, right. :rolleyes: From the looks of it, PlayStation Online basically is Xbox Live rebranded. I mean, could you bite off of Microsoft anymore?! There's even a marketplace for pete's sake! Who came out with that idea? Microsoft and Xbox Live.

The PS3's controller is, in my opinion, one of the most unoriginal controllers ever. Sony put no creativity whatsoever. PERIOD. What they did was use the old DualShock 2 shell, make the R2 and L2 buttons into triggers, took out the shock (which totally contradicts "DualShock") and use Bluetooth for the wireless. To make things worse, they totally bite off of Microsoft and Nintendo. The six degrees of freedom? Complete (and failing) copy of the Wii's motion controller. The PS3's "Guide" button? Utterly bitten off of the Xbox 360's Guide button. Oh and don't forget about ergonomics. Jeesh, the PS3's controller has no ergonomics WHATSOEVER. At least the Xbox 360's controller was completely redesigned to fit comfortably while keeping it light (trust me, it is LIGHT). Heck, even Apple's R&D team would probably give the Xbox 360's controller some respect. Then again, Microsoft does do a good job with ergonomics, considering their mice are some of the most ergonomic mice in the market. I can't complain much about the Wii's controller. It's the most unique and unorthodox controller EVER. No gaming company has ever made any controller like the Wii's. Personally, I think it'll be nice. Anyone see E3? The attatchments Nintendo made for the controller are nice...very innovative. Originality and innovation is something Sony could definately improve on.

Now on to the PS3 itself.

WHAT THE HELL WAS SONY THINKING?! The base system is $499! It's worse than the Xbox 360 Core system! No HDMI, no Wi-Fi support, no flash media support and only 20gb?! The only way to go is with the 60gb system. Unfortunately it's $599. Yes, it's $599. Insane...only ONE HDMI plug, but at least it supports everything good. Seriously, sometimes I just get that feeling that Sony just can't do anything right. Don't get me wrong, they REVOLUTIONIZED the console gaming industry.

First, they hype like crazy, like dual-HDMI support and 7 controllers. They dropped the dual-HDMI support, but who the hell is going to buy TWO HDTV's just to play 7 player games?! Not to mention that the frames would lag like crazy bitch trying to put out 1080i/1080p HD on BOTH TV's. Now that they dropped dual-HDMI, who the hell is going to play 7 player on ONE TV? First, the number 7 itself is just way too odd. It just seems like Sony decided to have some fun or something, but seriously, I ain't laughing. Actually, I am, because it's the PS3 that will suffer.

Games. Expect to see a 10%-20% increase in the price of games. Considering that games are already costing $60 to develop, thanks to the work needed to make games for this kind of hardware, add in the expensive manufacturing process of Blu-Ray and expect to see games go up to $70-$80. It's ridiculous.

The first impression I'm getting from Sony is that they think everyone is made out of money and can afford a $600 console, the HDTV and the games. Looks like Ken Kutaragi has been aiming a little too high. Haha, Mr. Hype. 100+ frames? 4D Matrix? Right.

Whatever, Sony will sell PS3's like hotcakes. Why? The PlayStation 2. Not to mention the name Sony has made for themselves doing so. Either way, Microsoft and Nintendo will be there every step of Sony's way to make sure it's living hell for them. Trust me.

Well said. When i purchased NFS Underground it was around $80 CDN..new at Walmart when it was released

Alot of what you said is true Alivino. They do hype aobut it, and then litterally dump it all down on you. The fact that after they were complained about their new boomerang controller, they came back with a PS2 lookalike with a few extra functions is rather funny, but its what most people are comofrtable with when they see a playstation, because that look is all most people have really seen.

I think the other controller could have been a ploy though to keep people happy with the old one. They probably made tht boomerang controller to make people hate it, and then when they decided to, they brought back the old one, and everyones happy.

Plus, the Wii movement thing is a bit of a copy, but at least they didn't try to copy the Wii's movement sensors to work with games the Wii can.

I also think, since I'd like the 20gb version, that all those features that are took off it are just ridiculous. They know that. They know that most gamers will buy the full version, since the 20gb one takes off alot of things gamers (especialyl with HDTV) would want.

I also agree about the 2 HDMI ports. I had a feeling they'd never do that. I mean, a game could not run on 1080i on the latest hardware, on two screens at once (least not without SLI on the latest stuff). That was and always was going to be pure hype, to slie about the graphics basically.

Haha, I mean, people at the E3 show last year were impressed by a Nvidia demo, that all 6800 cards could produce at the time, thinking for instance, that the Xbox 360 could NOT have thiose kind of graphics, and I heard alot mentioned about it.
But if ATI made a demo like that and they showed if off, it could do the same thing I'm sure.

Anyway, back to what I said about the controller and the 4 lights:

http://www.gamersreports.com/grimages/940/1147134417/3/1/gr.image.jpg

There is only 4 on that controller (unless the image is blocking 3, but I doubt it).
Since the controllers all you Bluetooth though, and the hardware can handle 7. I tihnk the other 3 wil be used for other pherphirials.

Kage said:
Alot of what you said is true Alivino. They do hype aobut it, and then litterally dump it all down on you. The fact that after they were complained about their new boomerang controller, they came back with a PS2 lookalike with a few extra functions is rather funny, but its what most people are comofrtable with when they see a playstation, because that look is all most people have really seen.

I think the other controller could have been a ploy though to keep people happy with the old one. They probably made tht boomerang controller to make people hate it, and then when they decided to, they brought back the old one, and everyones happy.

Plus, the Wii movement thing is a bit of a copy, but at least they didn't try to copy the Wii's movement sensors to work with games the Wii can.

I also think, since I'd like the 20gb version, that all those features that are took off it are just ridiculous. They know that. They know that most gamers will buy the full version, since the 20gb one takes off alot of things gamers (especialyl with HDTV) would want.

I also agree about the 2 HDMI ports. I had a feeling they'd never do that. I mean, a game could not run on 1080i on the latest hardware, on two screens at once (least not without SLI on the latest stuff). That was and always was going to be pure hype, to slie about the graphics basically.

Haha, I mean, people at the E3 show last year were impressed by a Nvidia demo, that all 6800 cards could produce at the time, thinking for instance, that the Xbox 360 could NOT have thiose kind of graphics, and I heard alot mentioned about it.
But if ATI made a demo like that and they showed if off, it could do the same thing I'm sure.

Anyway, back to what I said about the controller and the 4 lights:

http://www.gamersreports.com/grimages/940/1147134417/3/1/gr.image.jpg

There is only 4 on that controller (unless the image is blocking 3, but I doubt it).
Since the controllers all you Bluetooth though, and the hardware can handle 7. I tihnk the other 3 wil be used for other pherphirials.
IMO, I think they should make a controller that is better and has more features and ideas than the PlayStation 1 & 2 controllers. I mean, they are all the same, besides the wireless thing, they are basically the same. PS1's controller is silver/white though, but there are really no new ideas from Sony, and then they charge crazy amounts of money for their products.

When I first purchased my PlayStation 2, it cost over $400 Canadian Funds, and the first game I bought with it was Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, which was over $80, both in Wal-Mart... Now those are canadian funds so they will be a bit less in the states, but you get what I mean, right?

Nintendo's Gamecube was much cheaper than that, and as far as I've saw, in stores games for Nintendo Gamecube are cheaper than for the Sony PlayStation, or maybe that's just proving that Wal-mart is weird...

But really though, I see all the new games for PS2 in the stores for $80+ and the new games for Gamecube and/or Nintendo DS are like $55...

I do prefer the PlayStation 2 over Gamecube though, and I'm looking forward to Sony playstation 3, but I doubt I can afford it if the prices are in the range that everyone thinks they are...

Back
Top Bottom