PS3 Controller Rumors

Kage said:
I dissagree. The PS3 has a few advantages too.
The most important being that developers can make the games with the hard drive in mind (maybe for caching of textures, etc?), while the Xbox 360 can't, so will be more of a favourite for developers I think.
I think in terms of games, though, it'll be rather equal.

But, yeah, I believe the Wii controller will offer a new type of immersiveness not seen in a game as of now, and graphics won't matter either (even though, they are looking surprisingly good so far. More CGness than I've seen in PS3 or Xbox 360 as of now for some reason)

Imagine using the analog stick to move, and the movement controller for looking around, and sharp stabs with the movement controller would result in a punch in the direction your facing, or a reload of a gun.

Or a much better idea, on a first person shooter, when you take away your weapons, and you just have hands, the movement controller being the hands.

So to pull a lever, you'd move your arm forwards resulting in the games arm doing the same, and then push a button to grip, and then pull down with the controller to move it down.
I agree :) That does sound very cool :)

It could be what next gen games really need for the next step.

Imagine a fighting game,
Imagine a racing game (PS3 could do this the same)
etc, and the ingame immersion that will allow.

Its just a shame the Wii didn't adopt better hardware to make it truely next gen in both forms, but for it to perform well and to make gamers happy, I don't think it'll honestly need it.

Either way, its a definite improvement to the Gamecube, and a definite improvement to the Xbox graphics wise.

NEXT STEP:

The next step with this technology would be some kind of force feedback, but that'd be impossible as of now I'd think.
For instance, if you are pushing forward with the controller, being able to feel a force reacting back to it, like if it was a heavy object, making it harder to move it.

Electric shock would be too common and wouldn't produce the right effect :p

See thats what nintendo does, they never do EVERYTHING right, only one thing out of it all. if anything

Check out these vids though. Simply amazing with what you'll be able to do and what it'll allow:

http://uk.media.revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706227/vids_1.html

Ignore the graphics for the minute, and focus on the gameplay, but I think the graphics are still good enough to sometimes impress.

I mean, games that use light guns for example that you play on the arcades. Even though most of them don't have excellent graphics, it doesn't take away the fun of whats then available to you.

Your mind is focussing on other tasks, and since you tend to get more experience from feel/sound than sight, this sticks more.

Would, but cant. Class is almost over, Gotta log off and put my stuff in my pockets lol

Goshdarn...can't Sony come up with anything original? Copying the Wii's motion sensing concept? Copying the Xbox 360's Guide button? Jeesh...:rolleyes: They ought to make the controller more ergonomic too, since the Dual Shock design isn't really the most comfortable controller ever (at least it was more comfortable than the GameCube's controller).

Kage said:
I dissagree. The PS3 has a few advantages too.
The most important being that developers can make the games with the hard drive in mind (maybe for caching of textures, etc?), while the Xbox 360 can't, so will be more of a favourite for developers I think.
I think in terms of games, though, it'll be rather equal.

But, yeah, I believe the Wii controller will offer a new type of immersiveness not seen in a game as of now, and graphics won't matter either (even though, they are looking surprisingly good so far. More CGness than I've seen in PS3 or Xbox 360 as of now for some reason)

Imagine using the analog stick to move, and the movement controller for looking around, and sharp stabs with the movement controller would result in a punch in the direction your facing, or a reload of a gun.

Or a much better idea, on a first person shooter, when you take away your weapons, and you just have hands, the movement controller being the hands.

So to pull a lever, you'd move your arm forwards resulting in the games arm doing the same, and then push a button to grip, and then pull down with the controller to move it down.

Yes, the PS3 requirement for games will be a plus for developers, but that doesn't make developing that much easier with the Cell processor, which has been a pain in the ass to develop with.

Whats worse, sony even admitted to taking the trigger sensitivity, guide button, and movement sensitivity frmo their competitors

Back
Top Bottom