How to Enable your L2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech N9ne said:
i just did that l2 thing and everything works fine i dont really know what l2 does so i wont know if it changed anythng but yeah everything works fine thanks for the post

It is the data that is being waited to be processoed by the cpu,
cache prepares the data for the cpu so the cpu doesnt have to have direct data coming into it

Before you guys go all crazy over this you should read up on it... Apparently it only works with cache that's NOT directly on the processor! Older Pentiums, Slot processors, etc... In other words, it does jack for today's computers.

Now, I have a PIII I plan to try this with, but unless you have a similar machine, you're simply wasting your time.

Im running a dell with a Pent 4, 1.6ghz. I plan to try it later, but first I need to look up what it has.. and I dont wanna do it right now.

The_Other_One said:
Before you guys go all crazy over this you should read up on it... Apparently it only works with cache that's NOT directly on the processor! Older Pentiums, Slot processors, etc... In other words, it does jack for today's computers.

Now, I have a PIII I plan to try this with, but unless you have a similar machine, you're simply wasting your time.
why did it go faster for my computer? I have celeron D 2.66 at 3.34

I'll try to find the link sometime... I'm just going off what someone told me, and he quoted it from a site. Do some googling, I'm sure you'll find it as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom