router filters

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok i want to be able to block internet access to one or more of my computers at certain times of the day, i set up the filters and told them to block the ips from 3PM to 6AM so i hit apply and the comps were still browsing the internet like nothing happened, what did i do wrong? and how can i fix it?

Try blocking port 80 (http), for outbound traffic. Also, you may want to make sure the IP address to the computer you are trying to filter is correct. If it's setup DHCP, if you turn the computer off, and the address was 192.168.1.100, and turn it back on, it may get a different address, therefore letting it online. You may be able to work around this by setting up a static IP address for each computer.

i used the right ip and it still doesnt work, i dont get it at all, i told it to block all internet and that time and the time is set right so i dont see whats wrong with it

EDIT: i also tried adding the "MAC" address which i googled and it says thats the pysical number or something and its still not working, any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom