PSU voltages in other countries

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
say, if i go to poland in the summer, and i want to take my pc, do i just switch the little slidy thingy at the back of the PSU from 110v to 230v ? would that be it?

That's it! Oh, well, you might need a new cable or some sort of plug converter... But as for the actual power, that's all.

john123 said:
say, if i go to poland in the summer, and i want to take my pc, do i just switch the little slidy thingy at the back of the PSU from 110v to 230v ? would that be it?
Lol this is a cool trick to a old computer.. take it and run it right. now in the bak of the psu, put it to 240V, and watch how your mobo and things get meleted or spark or fry... HEHEHEHEHE

Weird looking plugs for us are the 240v ones. The one we all know is the 115v. If you put it to 240v on a 115v, you will have circuity probles and a big chunk of energy will destroy everything. 115v on a 240v power can lead to nightmares.

john123 said:

John, go online and look for a Polish resident or contact the Polish Embassy. I've been in several Euopean countries and most were 220 or 230 two wire 50Htz and require simple addapters to use your present power cord.There plugs are blade type 's, type "C" or type "E" and are called Schuko for short. I've forgotten what the full name is. Be sure your computer will run on 50 Htz.Also if you are taking anything with 60 Htz motors they will run slower and hotter. You may also need special transformers to run 120VAC appliances. Some of these transformers are dangerouus under certain conditions because there so called secondary is not isolated from the primnary. The ones we used in Turkey and Germmany had power on the case and had to be protected so people didn't get schocked. Enjoy your stay over there.

bill got it... I've gone to Europe a few times and carried my laptop, PDA, digicam, and camcorder. Each of those actually had auto-switching power supplies and all I needed was a converter for the plug.

Back
Top Bottom