some PUNKS vandals

Tech N9ne

In Runtime
read this NewsChannel 19's Tom Woodard reports:

The Old Prospect Cemetery has been around since 1826 and this is the first time anyone can remember it being vandalized. Bud Masterson discovered the broken monuments and graves.

He says, "It's a desecration of a person's resting place. It's as if one person did it and another person said 'you did that and I can do better than that.'"

Just a year and a half ago, Masterson and others worked to clean up the cemetery.

Sunni Montgomery says, "You could see the sign out front there, but you basically couldn't see this place, and with the snakes, you really didn't want to walk up here."

They spent hours clearing trees, mowing, and restoring and replacing old monuments - to honor the war veterans buried there. Montgomery says, "It's heartbreaking that someone doesn't realize when they do things like this with these old stones, that a lot of this stuff cannot be replaced."

Whether this was a prank or a joke, it's not a laughing matter for the folks who have worked so hard to clean up this cemetery. They are offering a $1,000 reward, hoping to catch the person or persons who did this.

what jerks eh

Granted i've vandlished things before like spray painting on a school buiilding, changing signs posts and stuff but i've never disrespect a historical building or area like that.

yeah same here ive sprayed painted school's n stuff but doing somthing like that is just crossing the line i hope they get caught

I mean spray painting your school is far different then destorying historical property. My business teacher told me that once she said as a kdi she vandlished too. It wasn't nothing major they had respect when doing it. THey would never go to a grave yard and destory it htey'd never touch a church. They'd never doa nything like that they'd spray paint, dig up sign posts, move mail boxes if they felt especially mean. Minor things like that. But destroying a grave yard is just stupid.

Moving mailboxes is a federal offence, lol, Its not really minor. I've gotten my mailbox smashed up so many times I can't get mail anymore? Cool, huh. If I ever found out who did I I'd do something really bad. If someone moved my mailbox and I couldn't get my mail anymore it would upset me greatly.

And what about those people that work hard to clean that crap off the school walls. What about the people that worked hard to make that school FOR YOU.

I'm sure the construction workers could careless if their building got spray painted on and of course moving a mailbox is a federal offence I knew that. But its minor compoared to the destruction of a grave yard. That hits wounds that already hut.Moving a mail box is annoying.

Nik to be honest you seem like a bit of a prick to me, you are not exactly a very good person are you know. Grow up mate.

Back
Top Bottom