getting pop under's again on here

Yeah, they probably would, but its better to be safe than sorry with a little extra revenue from the pop-ups or pop-unders.

Actually, I've never received a pop-up from this site on my computer. I have ZoneAlarm (Pro), SpySweeper and Mozilla Firefox. I receive them a fair amount at school, because they have the old Mozilla with pop-up blocking disabled.

TheBigDintx, adding CF to your restricted zone may not stop the popups. I'd add the popup site to your restricted like paypopup or whatever it is, not CF.

But anyway, I try to click on the non-spyware popups at school to generate a little extra revenue for David to pay for his network of websites, but I have to block them at home because I have filters for every website and its too much trouble to configure CF into a safe zone.

But, in terms of ad blocking, if you use adblock and still want to support CF, look at my thread, which is also in this forum.

im getting that wretched winfix pop up grrrrrrr!!
it makes me feel like finding a new forum to frequent.
please don't tell me to get firefox blah blah blah.
David, if you read this thread, you will know that you are going to lose
members if you don't fix it! also if i were a newbie comming on here for the
first time, as soon as that ad appeared i would be hitting the red cross and never
comming back!!
woz

i either browse using ie6 or my msn browser (which goes thru ie also), and have not seen a pop-up, pop-under, or banner ad since making those adjustments i mentioned above in my post #20.....as a plus, the pages on here load really fast! if we can get rid of the pop-ups and pop-under ads, i would go back to my original settings because as i said before, i don't mind viewing the banner ads to support cf.

wozelbeak said:
im getting that wretched winfix pop up grrrrrrr!!
it makes me feel like finding a new forum to frequent.
please don't tell me to get firefox blah blah blah.
David, if you read this thread, you will know that you are going to lose
members if you don't fix it! also if i were a newbie comming on here for the
first time, as soon as that ad appeared i would be hitting the red cross and never
comming back!!
woz
If you have service pack two, your Internet Explorer (if you use that) should have a popup blocker. If not, you can always download one if the popups are bothering you that much. I don't think David can control the popups, as sometimes when advertisers pay the popup agency, whoever pays gets their popup to show on random... :cool:

That adware could be from another site, its not nessicarely (Spelling) from here.....altough there is a possibly it could be.

Back
Top Bottom