PS3 Controller Rumors

Paradox said:
Well I dont know.. I get really into my games, I move that controller all over the place, it might get messed up. I dont want to have to hold the thing steady
I screwed up my Nintendo Gamecube controller doing that.. (I Have gamecube, ps2, ds, gba sp, gba, and a gbc, lol)

That would be a problem as well I presume, but I'm sure they'll be sensitivity options for a slight bit of movement of your body, etc.

A few people I know move with the controller in the direction they are turning, etc, so it'd work well for them :p

I want to try out one of these consoles.. lol :) I can't wait, I haven't even saw a XBOX 360 yet (I'm getting a little late with the XBOX series :p actually I've never tried any XBOXes)... but thats a little offtopic lol :D

Yeah, that does seem rather good.

For some reason also, the graphics don't look half bad, and theres something that makes them appealing. Check out Red Steel for example. I tihnk its something to do with no HD support, so the graphics chip can be doing other things.

Games will be fully immersive with it, and even though I won't get one, I'm excited about way it could work and how real it could make games.

For instance Paradox, you were mentioning about next gen games and the way you can't break glass or pick something up without loads of button pressing.
Well with the Wii controller, you could literally point at glass while moving with the analog, and the character could probably smash it, and you could point at a stick and the character would pick it up.

Since you could be moving the hands with the movement sensor.

I dissagree. The PS3 has a few advantages too.
The most important being that developers can make the games with the hard drive in mind (maybe for caching of textures, etc?), while the Xbox 360 can't, so will be more of a favourite for developers I think.
I think in terms of games, though, it'll be rather equal.

But, yeah, I believe the Wii controller will offer a new type of immersiveness not seen in a game as of now, and graphics won't matter either (even though, they are looking surprisingly good so far. More CGness than I've seen in PS3 or Xbox 360 as of now for some reason)

Imagine using the analog stick to move, and the movement controller for looking around, and sharp stabs with the movement controller would result in a punch in the direction your facing, or a reload of a gun.

Or a much better idea, on a first person shooter, when you take away your weapons, and you just have hands, the movement controller being the hands.

So to pull a lever, you'd move your arm forwards resulting in the games arm doing the same, and then push a button to grip, and then pull down with the controller to move it down.

Kage said:
"Sony can continue to sell its Playstation2 games console in the United States, despite an injunction made by a California Court last week ordering it to stop.

The judge, in a California court, upheld a ruling last September that Sony had infringed patents held by Immersion Technology on force feedback controllers. At the time, the court ordered Sony to pay Immersion damages of $82m, a figure based on sales of the PS2 Stateside. The award was updated to $90.7m last week. The judge also ordered Sony to stop selling or importing PS2 consoles, but immediately suspended the judgment pending the outcome of an anticipated appeal.

Immersion's haptic technology first appeared in a PC joystick in 1996, and with Microsoft the company developed the DirectX force feedback API. But the two subsequently fell out, with Microsoft named as the joint-defendent in the Sony action for infriging Immersion's IP in its Xbox console. However Microsoft settled, paying out $26m and taking a 10 per cent equity stake in the firm.

The decision doesn't affect the Playstation Portable"

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/29/sony_immersion_injunction/

So most likely, they decided to give up on it as they didn't want to shell out more cash, or Immersion simply didn't let them use it, and would fret to sue them again.

I do understand somewhat how the vibration could mess up the movement sensor, but I don't think that was the inital problem.

Immersion are noobs lol

Vibration rules... some games require for certain missions the use of vibrations.. it just makes it that little more fun

as for the motion sensors etc im fairly sure they will make it so your able to turn it off.... or atleast i hope as im one of those that leans side to side as im driving a car or lean forward like i can see around a corner better on a fps

lol...

Back
Top Bottom