Choices we should consider when getting Windows Vista

I have a good friend who just moved to work with Microsoft. I bet he could get me a copy.

Not sure if I need it though. 1 GB is suggested, right?

The only thing I like about vista is DX10, but I got to say its a memory huger.Like woow, Like dont be playing games o vista untill u have 2gB of ram and 512MB video card :p

Meh, i'll probably end up avoiding vista like the bubonic plague. I'll get it if/when I must... But even then, i'll probably have a dual boot between it at XP.

Bädgêr™ said:
I have a good friend who just moved to work with Microsoft. I bet he could get me a copy.

Not sure if I need it though. 1 GB is suggested, right?

Actually, 1GB is the minimum RAM requirement to run Vista Ultimate and Vista Home Premium edition.

TRDCorolla said:
Actually, 1GB is the minimum RAM requirement to run Vista Ultimate and Vista Home Premium edition.
Gotta wonder, though.. what seriously takes up a whole gig of memory in the os?... those fancy effects MS is throwing in surely takes up some.. but one gig is nuts.

Wouldn't suprise me if the services.msc is stuffed full of useless crap that is all enabled by default or something.

TRD, the Home Premium edition has the media center in it, right? What are the differences from Home Premium and Ultimate?

Back
Top Bottom