How to Enable your L2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArrizX said:
I think if you mess up your reg editing it, your done. Because it will start over. System restore wont work.

Anyways, im afraid to do it withthis computer, Lol

Pent 4 ,1.6GHZ :p

So yeah, ill do it on my computer later, not this one, Haha

You'd have to be sincerely handicapped to screw up and change the wrong entry considering you'd know exactly which one it is.

But I guess paranoia never hurt anyone.

Well, im gonna mod my start bar when I get my computer back, and I was told that if I screw it up, the computer is rendered useless untill reformatted. Its just a prewarning for everyone.

Well, what you are playing around with in the registry is what can largely depend on whether you are risking breaking the OS or not.

All I ever go into the registry for anymore is to kill my hl2 settings if I need to, since source/steam stores some settings in registry.

untitled9yg.png

Holds basically just video settings. The rest of the crap like controls and such are all held in .cfg files.

to not scew up, jus rember your l2 cache. like yor cpu is 1mb l2 cache so that = to 1024. if u dont knoe your # of l2 cache download cpuz and it will say the l2 cache

i just did that l2 thing and everything works fine i dont really know what l2 does so i wont know if it changed anythng but yeah everything works fine thanks for the post

dude1234 said:
mine is set to 0. what should i change it to?
Whatever your computer has in it. if its 256 then use 256 etc..

And for those who object to x800's post, I have done this same thing on almost every XP computer I have owned, and never had a single problem with this. Regardless of if this key is even IN the registry, windows will still work. Now if you start playing around with stuff you do not know what it is used for, then yes you are going to start having problems. However more often than not, if you know what you are doing in the registry and dont go poking around and changing random stuff you have no idea about, then you wont have any problems. But then again that requires common sense :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom