How to Enable your L2

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1337

Fully Optimized
the L2 catch is disabled by defult. Yes, thats right it is set to 0So this means all that money you have spent on a bigger L2
Heres how to do this:

1) Go to your start menu and select run
2) in the pop up window type REGEDIT
Now you will see a bunch of folders you need to find the folowing:
3) Select and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4) Select and open SYSTEM
5) Select and open CurrentControlSet
6) Select and open Control
7) Select and open Session Manager
8) Select and open Memory Management
9) Select SecondLevelDataCache in the right hand menu

Right click on the highlighted SecondLevelDataCache and select modify. In the window that pops up select decimal and put in the amount of L2 that is on your cpu. THis may make your computer faster or not faster

10) Restart

Nice find if your L2 cache is disabled, but I'm pretty sure if you have L2 cache its enabled. Why would cpu manufacturers ship their chips with the L2 cache turned off? It just doesn't make any sense.

PerfectSK said:
Nice find if your L2 cache is disabled, but I'm pretty sure if you have L2 cache its enabled. Why would cpu manufacturers ship their chips with the L2 cache turned off? It just doesn't make any sense.
no omg... the l2 works.. but windows just doesnt detect the right ammont of l2, so it mit think your cpu l2 has 64kb or 128kb, this will make it so it knoes what l2 you have.. also if you have dual core.. say 1mb x 2, just type 2048 for total of l2 for both

What is l2 cache? lol sorry

d8226c5f.jpg
Is mine good or bad? Bad prob lol
Thanks

gaming_freak said:
wow mine was set to 0...is this the way its meant to be or what?
no 0 means that windows will detech the l2 or u.. and 99% of the time it detects the cache wrong

l2, is like exrta speed on your cpu.. Just helps the cpu do the commands it needs with memory, U have 1024KB l2 and its fast like 35gb/s bandwidth fast. When you enable this on windows.. it should get fast.. it wont in benchmarks, becuase those knoe what l2 your cpu has to it uses it even if or not your windows xp knoes.. so benchmarks wont go anyfast.. but windows should go faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom